62 years of formula 1 this video is so sweeeeet

JoshHooten

Established Member
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRp-Ef6-QYk"]‪62 years of Formula 1‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]
and i dont even care for indy racing but this video is just great

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
<sigh>......I soooo miss the V10s.

And I can't believe some of those guys were running full wet tires. :eek: They'll be lucky to make it more than a few miles.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
<
And I can't believe some of those guys were running full wet tires. :eek: They'll be lucky to make it more than a few miles.

-Goodwood is a hillclimb event......the course is just over a mile long.

-I don't know of any tire that falls off after 3 miles

-Easier to get a treaded tire up to temp rather than a slick. Considering there is no warm up laps there (they just pull up to start line and go), I'd be on the tire that got up to temp the quickest.

-Few people run this event all out........its more of an exhibtion of fine machinery so there is no reason to risk equipment so its not that serious of an issue what tires they're on.

end

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
-Goodwood is a hillclimb event......the course is just over a mile long.

-I don't know of any tire that falls off after 3 miles

-Easier to get a treaded tire up to temp rather than a slick. Considering there is no warm up laps there (they just pull up to start line and go), I'd be on the tire that got up to temp the quickest.

-Few people run this event all out........its more of an exhibtion of fine machinery so there is no reason to risk equipment so its not that serious of an issue what tires they're on.

end

Being a ferrari fan i really hated seeing J. Villeneuve'S wiliiams.. brought back some real bad memories !!!
Did you see the special on Hamilton driving Senna's car prior to this event? Very cool seeing all of Mclarens car's under a one garage... actually bone chilling when they opened the garage door's

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
Being a ferrari fan i really hated seeing J. Villeneuve'S wiliiams.. brought back some real bad memories !!!
Did you see the special on Hamilton driving Senna's car prior to this event? Very cool seeing all of Mclarens car's under a one garage... actually bone chilling when they opened the garage door's

When Hamilton, with his yellow helmet, went out in that Mclaren it definitely sent a chill down my back. The last time that site was seen was over a decade ago with Senna's fingertips on the wheel. Pretty amazing.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
When Hamilton, with his yellow helmet, went out in that Mclaren it definitely sent a chill down my back. The last time that site was seen was over a decade ago with Senna's fingertips on the wheel. Pretty amazing.

I wish I could have seen that.. That's a once in a lifetime thing !!! Going to italy next week for 2 weeks.. Missing the Italian gp due to the kids having school..

Users who are viewing this thread