64 Vette + a Harley

MARK C

Established Member
Such a nice day out...45 and sunny, I had to take the Cobra for a spin! Low a behold I spot someone to race! A sweet gold 64 Vette convert. Sounded great. We are driving on Woodward ave. I'm trying to get him to go he won't but does give me a thums up and nods his head. We pull up to the next light both of us are a few cars back. He rolls down his window and tells me he has a 2000 R at home!! He then asks me if mine is a real R. I say no, just a 95 Cobra. He tells me my Cobra sounded great when I jumped on it back there.I ask if his Vette is a 327, He says yes, 300 horse,4 speed. We are still talking as we pull away slowly the cars in front are way ahead we wrap our talking and are both in 2'nd (Very low rpm's) we both nail it I put about 2 cars on him bye the time I have to hit 3'rd, race over! Another thums up from the both of us as he turned off Woodward.
About 3 miles earlyer there is 2 Harlys behind me on a 4 lane rd. I pull away from the light with about 60% throttle in 1'st gear one of them jumps to the left lane when I shift to 2'nd..Race on!!! He never got past my rear tire in 2'nd. As soon as I hit 3'rd I pulled at least 2 cars on him before he gave up!
I haven't had the Cobra on the road for about a month or so. The snake got a lot of looks and was 2-0!! Sweet day to say the least!
Mark

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by MARK C
The snake got a lot of looks and was 2-0!! Sweet day to say the least!
Mark
Oh, yeah. What a feeling...best section on this board, OMHO :rolling:

Keep 'em coming! :-D

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Ooooooo.... I LOVE old 'Vettes!
Well at least the guy was really cool! We had the same weather today as you... gorgeous isn't it?? We're expecting a cold front though to bring us back into check :(

Users who are viewing this thread