66 mile 93R on bat

Morgan

Established Member
It took me a decade to find the "right" 93R. Part of the hang up was, I did not want a wrapper car that really can not be driven, to preserve the investment. I dont drive ours much, but at least I can. Pricing has gone wild on R's. Im so relieved that we were able to build the trifecta, before things went crazy.

Which one is the most fun to drive- whether on a track or not?

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Which one is the most fun to drive- whether on a track or not?
Each has their plusses, the 93 has been tracked, has flowmaster dumps, so it raw and loud.

95 is so stealthy, with the very comfortable saddle cloth seats, the second 95 is a full on racecar, not really streetable.

00 is a lot of fun too, the 5.4 roars, and with no sound deadening, you hear every rock.

Sorry for the non committal answer, but its like asking which is your favorite child.

Morgan

Established Member
Each has their plusses, the 93 has been tracked, has flowmaster dumps, so it raw and loud.

95 is so stealthy, with the very comfortable saddle cloth seats, the second 95 is a full on racecar, not really streetable.

00 is a lot of fun too, the 5.4 roars, and with no sound deadening, you hear every rock.

Sorry for the non committal answer, but its like asking which is your favorite child.

Haha- fair point.

I was thinking the 95R's would be the most raw.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
That's a very cool piece of fox body history. Unfortunately this car will likely never be driven again, every mile would hurt the value. Unless you are a fox body mega collector with ultra deep pockets, I just don't see it. For the 200K range you can actually buy modern cars that you can actually drive that will likely increase in value too. I would be looking at a 911 GT3 manual, I doubt you will go wrong with owning one of those.
True on all points. However, people buying this car are buying it for the privilege of saying "they only made 107 of these, and I have one with only xx miles" while they are drinking their $3000 bottle of bourbon.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
It will probably be shill bidded to $220k….

BaT and eBay are breeding grounds for fraudulent vehicle bids (friends bidding up friends rides or seller having multiple accounts doing the same). I don’t trust either site for any type of vehicle “valuation” or true “sold” pricing.

Yep people are A holes. I bid on a 1/18 scale GMP car on Ebay. Made my max bid and left it alone. Right before the auction ended they guy I outbid kept bidding in small increments until he outbid me. He then retracted his last bid causing me to win the car at my maximum bid.

I was so pissed as it seemed like the seller had his friend bid me up to my max bid. I made a complaint to eBay (obviously nothing was done) and then I sent a message to the seller letting him know I wasn't pleased and that I reported his auction to eBay.

He responded back saying he had no clue what was going on and was not happy I reported his auction. He said I should have contacted him first and he would have let me out of the deal if I didn't want to pay. Based on his response I believe he did not know what was going on and what actually happened was the other A hole, the one who I outbid, just bid me up because he was pissed I out bid him.

Needless to say, my eBay tactics have turned into snipping mo fo's now LMAO!!!! Meaning, I wait until the last second and make my max bid. Doesn't always work as others do the same LMAO!!!

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
First, I don't trust those online sellers for expensive cars. Too many bad things can happen. JMO.

I've owned several Fox body cars (including Cobra's and R's) so they don't have any interest to me.

Established Member
I had both a lower mileage and track based 95R. It's cool to go somewhere, even getting gas and someone come up wanting to know if it's real, and they had never seen a real one on the road before. Being able to share by just taking someone for a ride around the block or letting them drive it was such a highlight. That said I only have one now and that's the mostly track car. BTW, my best friends know they can drive that too.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I had both a lower mileage and track based 95R. It's cool to go somewhere, even getting gas and someone come up wanting to know if it's real, and they had never seen a real one on the road before. Being able to share by just taking someone for a ride around the block or letting them drive it was such a highlight. That said I only have one now and that's the mostly track car. BTW, my best friends know they can drive that too.
I raced this 1995 Cobra in vintage:

1995CobraZIPP.jpg

1995CobraZip13.png

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I have no problem with a new tach guy buying the older cars.

I do have a slight concern that some of these deals are not really bought but bid up by non-buyers.

We will all know the values at Mecum FL today (on cable TV) and in Scottdale in a few days.

Are you guys selling or buying?

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Has become?

When has it not been?
True. It just seems now the collecter car market at least the part of it I am interested in has sky rocketed in the last couple of years. There has always been a big market for some of the cars that were hand built like the Duesenbergs etc. Now even some of the cloned cars are getting to be 6 figures. I know that building a car isn’t cheap, in the process myself. Hell, early Broncos with a coyote have sold for well into 6 figures. They built 10,000’s of thousands Broncos, they are not exactly a rare vehicle.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I have no problem with a new tach guy buying the older cars.

I do have a slight concern that some of these deals are not really bought but bid up by non-buyers.

We will all know the values at Mecum FL today (on cable TV) and in Scottdale in a few days.

Are you guys selling or buying?
Sites like BaT are bad for bidding up because you can do it easily despite BaT’s rules against it. There are a lot of cars at Mecum that never meet the reserve. That indicates to me that the sellers are looking for unrealistic prices. Not in all cases but some for sure. I do prefer Barrett -Jackson’s no reserve policy.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
People mad that there's guys who have enough "F You" money to buy up these rare low mileage collector cars.

If I had that kind of wealth i'd do it too, wouldn't give two shits what anyone thought lol.

ROFL

If I had F-you money the last thing I'd buy is a 93 mustang cobra.

Holy shit

Users who are viewing this thread