66 Mustang Chirping 2nd

66Mustang

Thought I'd give yall a little vid of my 66 stang Chirping 2nd (got a little bored). Its no 400hp Termi but its old school....

At the moment I have an MSD distributor, 6AL box, coil and wires sitting in my kitchen waiting to be installed. I also need a little carb tune (as you will see it bogs down a little on take off). Thanks

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5e044d62-29c4-4ff3-ae9f-99dc015a9136.htm

66Mustang

that vid was... something else lol

nice car lol. i def. want a mod list you have 100 more horses then me.

I didn't specify it on the vid title but thats Flywheel Hp (No rwhp #s yet)

But here are the specs on the motor given to me by the builder:

302 CID 328hp @ 5000rpm and 337ft lbs of torque @ 4000rpm.

• 5.090" forged rods with ARP rod bolts
• 9 to 1 compression pistons
• CompCams Hydraulic flat tappet cam .509"Int/512"Exh valve lift
• Heads have 3-angle valve job with bowls blended & hump in exhaust port removed for better flow
• 1.940"Int/1.600"Exh swirl polished stainless valves with undercut stems to improve flow
• 1.6 roller tip rocker arms
• Oversize pistons and rings
• Hardened push rods for use with guide plates
• Heavy duty double row timing set
• 670 Holley Street Avenger
• Edelbrock Performer RPM dual plane aluminum intake manifold

PA AOD with 2500 Stall
Patriot Ceramic Headers w/ 40 series out back

and like I said I have all the MSD gear waiting to be installed.....

66Mustang

you cant get PMs for some reason (maybe cause your newish)

but how was the aod install?

I had a perf shop here in MD do the install. I bought a kit from one of the mustang catalogs (can't remember if it was CJ or mustang depot). The kit came with the cross member, Carb to AOD bracket (Lokar), shifter linkage (allowed me to use my stock 66 stang shifter) and some other stuff. The guy told me it was an easy install ( I did have to buy a different flywheel).

I was also able to use my stock Driveshaft, no modification was needed but I do plan on changing to an aluminum piece at some point.

I would say that the AOD was the best mod of done thus far (That and the subframe connectors ;-)). My wife and I head to the eastern shore a lot, 2 hr drive, and having AOD is freakin awesome.....

mizel

Established Member
nice man.... good to see a classic on here.

My 65 puts down 300 at the wheels, enough to chirp second as well....

heres a pic:

Last edited:

sixt5

Established Member
:cries: i want to be able to chip second!!!

i belive good aod (peferably a 5 spd) a nice 3.55 rear end and a limited slip would be awsome!

66Mustang

nice man.... good to see a classic on here.

My 65 puts down 300 at the wheels, enough to chirp second as well....

heres a pic:

Blue with white stripes always looks good. Nice 67 Camaro as well.....

I can't tell from the pic, what wheels are you running?

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
That's a healthy sounding 302. I wish I still had mine, but sold it to a girl in PA or MD(can't remember) four years ago. Found her email address a few days back and emailed her and have not received a reply back. Thought about buying it back later down the road. Everytime I see some video or pics of a 65-66 stang I want to search for mine. Oh well, maybe I'll have another project car in 4-5 years.

Old pic...
bestpic_2.jpg

edgars23

The Stable Productions
Established Member
Nice sounding coupe. Did you AOD trans come with the kit, or did you just buy the supporting parts as a kit?

Raupleminze454

TORQUE INC.
Established Member
My Dodge used to chirp going into second, sounds cool, sounds like everytime it shifts somebodies kicking a dog

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Damn Chris, your in great shape for a 96 year old!!! Even though I love your 66, I think you running to the car at age 96 is more impressive ;-) Bad-ass ride bro, and thanx for sharing...

66Mustang

Nice sounding coupe. Did you AOD trans come with the kit, or did you just buy the supporting parts as a kit?

No I bought the Trans from a pro shop pretty cheap($1300) and bought the kit from one of the Stang catalogs I'll have to go back and look

But the trans itself is a Performance Automatic AOD that had a 2500 stall already installed. The guy at the shop that I bought it from said that the trans was orginally for a 67 stang for an older guy, but the guy didn't like how hard it shifted so he ditched this trans and bought a brand new AOD-E that has the ability to program in the shift points. I really don't think it shifts that hard during normal driving, only when I mash the gas....

Last edited by a moderator:

66Mustang

Damn Chris, your in great shape for a 96 year old!!! Even though I love your 66, I think you running to the car at age 96 is more impressive ;-) Bad-ass ride bro, and thanx for sharing...

Ha thanks. Being 96 has its advantages for insurance premiums:coolman:

(I always hate when a site wants your birth date, I feel like big brother is watching me :-D)

Users who are viewing this thread