668 RWHP 644.67 RWTQ on 3.0 upper only whipple cobra

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
thats because its a dynojet they inflate the shit out of their numbers. probably closer to 600-630 at the most on a real dyno such as a dyno dynamics or one like kenne bell uses which puts a better load on the car.

That's funny. We have a bunch of Dynos in the area, and the Dyno Dynamics one is the only one that puts out inflated numbers.

Good job OP. I'm guessing the low MPH is due to the full weight and soft driving with a warm car.

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Whats funny is alot of mustang dynos throw higher numbers than my local dynojet. I've seen it first hand. Who cares about the dyno, the car still made the # at the track on drag radial.

carfax

Established Member
dyno numbers lie track numbers dont. i cant see that car making that much power with that little timing and such low boost. im sorry that imo and im sticking to it. its tuned very well, but as i stated before a dyno can lie. i think it should be used for a tuning device, and not for a number. car runs strong just need a little more time and the numbers will come down.

Last edited:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Whats funny is alot of mustang dynos throw higher numbers than my local dynojet. I've seen it first hand. Who cares about the dyno, the car still made the # at the track on drag radial.
That's the thing most people don't realize. You can easily monkey with the numbers on a mustang, dynodynamics or superflow. With a dynojet you pretty much get what you get. That's why everyone compares numbers to the dynojet, it's pretty much the industry standard. Hell, they way the car is strapped down on a dyno dynamics will change the numbers.

I do agree though, that a dyno dynamics or similar dyno is better for putting a real load on cars to diagnose certain problems.

TTRIMSVT

Established Member
That's the thing most people don't realize. You can easily monkey with the numbers on a mustang, dynodynamics or superflow. With a dynojet you pretty much get what you get. That's why everyone compares numbers to the dynojet, it's pretty much the industry standard. Hell, they way the car is strapped down on a dyno dynamics will change the numbers.

I do agree though, that a dyno dynamics or similar dyno is better for putting a real load on cars to diagnose certain problems.

exactly !

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
dyno numbers lie track numbers dont. i cant see that car making that much power with that little timing and such low boost. im sorry that imo and im sticking to it. its tuned very well, but as i stated before a dyno can lie. i think it should be used for a tuning device, and not for a number. car runs strong just need a little more time and the numbers will come down.

He went to the track one time. Give him a year to go and get some seat time, good air days, bad air days, good hooking days, and bad. Then when he has his best ET and MPH, you can judge his car by his MPH. My best MPH was 135, but my best ET had a 132 trap. There were some days I could only trap 129-130. A lot of things can change you MPH at a track, not just the power you are making.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
He went to the track one time. Give him a year to go and get some seat time, good air days, bad air days, good hooking days, and bad. Then when he has his best ET and MPH, you can judge his car by his MPH. My best MPH was 135, but my best ET had a 132 trap. There were some days I could only trap 129-130. A lot of things can change you MPH at a track, not just the power you are making.

That is true. My car for instance has trapped anywhere from 128 to 132 this year and I drive it the same everytime. Weather makes a huge difference as well is running the car hot or just your driving style.

I've got a buddy with a 2.2 KB car, full weight that makes a little over 600rwhp. His car only traps 124/125, but alot of that is his driving style. I'm sure launched harder and powershifted his trap speeds would be much higher.

Last edited:

04gtstang

Established Member
First and formost Phillip is a soldier in the US Army, he is home for a very short R&R before returning to Iraq. He simply doesn't have seat time, nothing more, nothing less. The car just was gone over by me a couple days before he went to the track. His car is high mileage, most Twin screw cars are on their second or third engine by the almost 80,000 ORIGINAL miles he has on this engine.:rockon: The trans and clutch are new, and he is driving easy to get used to it. But he simply didn't have time to get used to his car....he doesn't have years of time behind the wheel to hone his skills...he is just here for a couple weeks at a time.:eek: There was over an hour drive for him to get to the track, and then he ran the car without icing, cooling with water ect......things that are done by all of us that are looking to get every ounce of performance out of their setups. WE ALL know how much of a difference on the time slip this provides. This is the way he drives the car on the street, and for the first time out to get in the 10's I think he did GREAT!:beer:Be happy bro, you got your goal the first time you tried...some go years between getting their goals!! This car will bury 130 traps like nothing with aggressive driving and cooling it down before running it. :banana:Be safe Phillip, I know your getting ready to go back to the sandbox. Have a great trip back. Hermann

Are you serious? Your saying that these engines will only last 25-30K on average with a twin screw SC? That totally sucks....all these good name brand stock internal parts and thats all they are good for?
Especially when the supra guys throw down 600+ HP (25PSI or more) @ well over 100K miles with zero problems. That cant be right.

In any case...great #s! Thats a TON of power on just a 2.3L!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Are you serious? Your saying that these engines will only last 25-30K on average with a twin screw SC? That totally sucks....all these good name brand stock internal parts and thats all they are good for?
Especially when the supra guys throw down 600+ HP (25PSI or more) @ well over 100K miles with zero problems. That cant be right.

In any case...great #s! Thats a TON of power on just a 2.3L!

I don't think that is what he's saying at all, but alot have hurt their's by that time. Usually it's a bad tune or stupidity by the owner that gets these engines. I know of several high mileage cobras that are still running strong with no issues whatsoever.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
That is true. My car for instance has trapped anywhere from 128 to 132 this year and I drive it the same everytime. Weather makes a huge difference as well is running the car hot or just your driving style.

I've got a buddy with a 2.2 KB car, full weight that makes a little over 600rwhp. His car only traps 124/125, but alot of that is his driving style. I'm sure launched harder and powershifted his trap speeds would be much higher.

Sounds like slo poc haha.

YOULOST

Boostaholic
Established Member
I have the first generation whipple, 19lbs of boost 20 degrees of timing I made 604/588, 4lb lower with 3.2 upper gen I rotors. Same a/f as you.

10.62 @ 133mph granny shifting the f@ck out of it... 1.57 60' stock halfshafts and input shaft :D

Your mph seems a little low for that power band, you are making a good 60-70 more rwhp than me. If you hook better your mph will most likely go down even more... Sounds like the dyno numbers may be a little off, the track never lies!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt7fxmj1GHQ"]YouTube - Stang Hi 04 Cobra Youlost[/ame]

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
Once again, this was his first track day.

I have the first generation whipple, 19lbs of boost 20 degrees of timing I made 604/588, 4lb lower with 3.2 upper gen I rotors. Same a/f as you.

10.62 @ 133mph granny shifting the f@ck out of it... 1.57 60' stock halfshafts and input shaft :D

Your mph seems a little low for that power band, you are making a good 60-70 more rwhp than me. If you hook better your mph will most likely go down even more... Sounds like the dyno numbers may be a little off, the track never lies!

YouTube - Stang Hi 04 Cobra Youlost

He gets no seat time, he is always over in the sand box. He comes home for 1-2 weeks at a time, he will do just fine with some more seat time....we all improve!:beer: He just got a new trans and clutch along with the new power setup and was driving it very easy, just getting a feel for it. Guess we are getting pretty vain with all the power these cars make, go try your car out for the first time, run 10's and still get told you should be doing better!!:lol1: The numbers his car made were real, the weather was good that day, good air. Dynojets can't be "adjusted, doctored or made to read what you wish you would make" they make what they make. I've been at this for a little while myself, and I don't race dyno numbers either, I bought it solely as a comparison tool. I rather have a timeslip.:beer: Hermann

YOULOST

Boostaholic
Established Member
I gotcha, everyone says the same to me, that car should go 3 tenths faster.... That was my first shakedown pass on the new setup and I hardly have any seat time in mine either. Times will get better the way it sits!

res0n0xg

Established Member
I truly don't believe the 2-3 engines per 80k thing, that's exaggerated for sure. I know that's not a standard, but if you go through 2-3 engines something is wrong with the tune, etc.

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
I gotcha, everyone says the same to me, that car should go 3 tenths faster.... That was my first shakedown pass on the new setup and I hardly have any seat time in mine either. Times will get better the way it sits!

Brad....you drive like a ***. I will run that bitch to a 10.2 :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread