"67 Cobra Prototype - For those who missed this article

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I think you meant "67 Shelby Mustang GT-500 prototype"?

$1.2M?? That sounds high to me. Has anyone heard of a Shelby Mustang (or any Mustang) selling for anywhere close to that at auction? I've heard of '65 GT350R's near $250K but never heard of one that high.

r82of250

Established Member
This "prototype" vert has generated a lot of negative comments from our friends in the SAAC group. From what I read, this car is a mangled conglomeration of parts that has been past around for a number of years from owner to owner and the documentation is VERY shakey. The selling dealer has been blasted by the SAAC guys as being a bit on the, shall we say, slimey side. I have no experience with him or them, this is just what's been "said" online. But as they say "There's a seat for every a**, and an a** for every seat!" Good luck to them and Buyer Beware!

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
Yeah thats Volo auto museum. I go up there all the time every now and then to see what new old stangs they bring in. I've seen that car in person many times. Pretty cool, but not worth 1.2 mil by a long shot.

Paul

Trmin8r

Established Member
There was an older Cuda here in North Dakota that sold for $1.2M. the guy drives it! It was in the newspaper a couple of months ago. Crazy money!

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
This car has been around for many years. the owner took a lot of crap for people who swore up and down that shelby didnt make even a prototype '67 vert. the car has been displayed as both a '67 and a '68. eventually history showed that the car was in fact the prototype used for both the stillborn '67 vert and the '68 shelby verts. this has been verified by saac several years ago. its in the registry.

r82of250 said:
This "prototype" vert has generated a lot of negative comments from our friends in the SAAC group. From what I read, this car is a mangled conglomeration of parts that has been past around for a number of years from owner to owner and the documentation is VERY shakey. The selling dealer has been blasted by the SAAC guys as being a bit on the, shall we say, slimey side. I have no experience with him or them, this is just what's been "said" online. But as they say "There's a seat for every a**, and an a** for every seat!" Good luck to them and Buyer Beware!

Users who are viewing this thread