675 rwhp '01 GT video

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
This is more of an informative video from the guys at True Blue Performance in North Carolina. The video features Dan Wagner, owner of True Blue, talking about, cranking and driving the '01 GT that recently made 674.8 rwhp and 580 rwhp. The motor was built by Mark Kroffe, at True Blue. The motor buildup was featured in the August edition of Hot Rod magazine. The video was made before this past final round of tuning. All tuning was done by Ed Clark out of Virginia. Ed uses SCT tuning software and is the best I've ever watched tune. He tuned my car a while back as well. Right now, Ed is doing all of True Blue's tuning. The exhaust on the car sounds just mean! Also, there are a couple of other True Blue customer cars at the end of the video.

http://homepage.mac.com/bwstolpa/Trueblue/iMovieTheater44.html

This is the link to the thread where this was originally posted and where you could ask further questions abou the car. http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?threadid=40168

Go to www.trueblueperformance.com for more info!

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
Your motor is the only one that hasn't lasted...
Wasn't it you that romped into the motor before it had any break-in period to speak of and then you wanted TBP to pay for it?? TBP covered most all of the cost of that re-rebuild for you, when you knew the motor wasn't broke in good. I remember your car being around there very well. What was it I was told recently? Four (4) blown motors in less than 5,000 miles?? Being that TBP warranties their engines for 12 months or 12,000 miles, why then haven't you been back to them?? Dan is the most resonable business owner I've ever dealt w/ and I know if it was actually their fault, you'd have a new motor now.

I'm really am sorry you are unhappy, but your history w/ these motors, while they have questionable tunes on them, is not the best. My motor was out at the same time as yours (the first time yours was out) and I drive mine 60+ miles each day and I now have 12,000+ miles on the motor. It runs awesome and doesn't burn a drop of oil. Quit bitching, call TBP, settle your on-going issues and work something out. Otherwise, keep your opinion to yourself since you seem to be the only one that can't get through a break-in period (or w/out a proper tune) without breaking something.

Last edited:

maniax racing

Established Member
Originally posted by GeoSnake
Wasn't it you that romped into the motor before it had any break-in period to speak of and then you wanted TBP to pay for it?? TBP covered most all of the cost of that re-rebuild for you, when you knew the motor wasn't broke in good. I remember your car being around there very well. What was it I was told recently? Four (4) blown motors in less than 5,000 miles?? Being that TBP warranties their engines for 12 months or 12,000 miles, why then haven't you been back to them?? Dan is the most resonable business owner I've ever dealt w/ and I know if it was actually their fault, you'd have a new motor now.

I'm really am sorry you are unhappy, but your history w/ these motors, while they have questionable tunes on them, is not the best. My motor was out at the same time as yours (the first time yours was out) and I drive mine 60+ miles each day and I now have 12,000+ miles on the motor. It runs awesome and doesn't burn a drop of oil. Quit bitching, call TBP, settle your on-going issues and work something out. Otherwise, keep your opinion to yourself since you seem to be the only one that can't get through a break-in period (or w/out a proper tune) without breaking something.
Bro Its good you back up your shop! Dan is not a bad guy at all. You don't know the whole truth about everything and that break in stuff your hearing from them is crap. They broke in te last motor and Ed tuned it! It lasted 1800 miles. Not Ed's fault at all the tune was great, the motor was shit! It used 3.5 quarts of oil in less that 900 miles (multiple leaking valve seals)(cylinders outta round). I'm not going to get into everything on here. Just let me tell you there is a large list of problems that had to be corrected from the motor to the fuel system to the fuel tank. I do like Dan and hope he gets his matters worked out as far as they motor Mark put together IT SUCKED PERIOD and I have several bills and people to verify that. Like I said earlier good luck with your motor and great #'s............. Don't believe everything you hear and I hope your motor has more than 7.9 to 1 compression (ey Mark)!!!!!

maniax racing

Established Member

You don't know jack about my history with these motors and True Blue put the break in miles on the motors before I got them back, get your stories right first. For the record the last motor that I just paid for again built by Springfield Custom made 50 more rwhp and 100 more rwtq just by putting the motor together right with the right compression.

Last edited:

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
I don't know jack huh???:nono:

My source knows all! Plus, I know what I saw and heard first hand. I, like my pal over at ModFord, am done w/ you.:rollseyes

Last edited:

maniax racing

Established Member
I don't know jack huh???:nono:

My source knows all! Plus, I know what I saw and heard first hand. I, like my pal over at ModFord, am done w/ you.:rollseyes
Modford?????????????? What pal? You know what this started out by me complimenting your car! I even told Ed that your car was bad ass. You have to act like a child who just had his momma called a name! Grow up a little!

Last edited:

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
My car... I have a 1996 SVT Cobra??? Are you sure you are complimenting mine. And, I'm all grown up.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
My car... I have a 1996 SVT Cobra??? Are you sure you are complimenting mine. And, I'm all grown up.

I think your car is badass. :) My True Blue engine is holding together just fine. 511 rwhp and going strong.

maniax racing

Established Member
Originally posted by spyder1337
How much are ya'll paying for a built motor?
Call Loyd at 703-339-0999 Springfield custom he can set you up! He does alot of mod motors and does them right! He does ashit load for Johnny Lightning as well. Builds alot of motors for guys running well over 1000 hp

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I say call True Blue Performance. I can't say what it'd cost you, as I have no idea of your intentions. They can work within a budget you set. I'm nothing short or impressed with my engine, and I'm confident that you'll have nothing to worry about if you take your car there.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
True Blue's website now has some raw quotes/prices for certain services.

Josh,
Thanks for the compliment! I hope all's going well your way!

Users who are viewing this thread