68 c10

Smoked SVT

Established Member
Me and my dad are about 1 or 2 months away from taking apart the 68 c10 we have been working on/ letting sit for the past few years. I just wanted to get some opinions and show the truck that we will be working with. The truck is going in a completely new direction than originally so all ideas are welcome. He will be funding 90% of this so its just our little project. Before we split it about 50/50, the stance and wheels are courtesy of me :rockon:. If it was up to him it would still be up in the air with 15" wheels lol.
This is currently how the truck sits
Picture002.jpg

truckfront.jpg

engine.jpg

And one really old pic....
car030.jpg

Current setup:
Drivetrain: mild cammed 350ci w/ weiand 142 sc
Muncie m21 4 speed
12 bolt rear with 4.11 gear
Suspension/ wheels: Lowered 4" front and 7" rear with front and rear springs and rear blocks. 20x8 eagle alloy wheels with 275 45 tires and rear spacer
Body mods: new rocker panels, new doors, new tailgate with shaved handle, 2" cowl hood to clear the weiand, front bumper with fog lights
Interior: Summit seats that i hate, sirius satellite radio, rest is gutted

This is what our plans are...
Drivetrain: 496 BBC stroker all forged with 8.5:1 cr
Procharger F1R shooting for 900 rwhp on 93 oct
Unsure about trans (we want a tko 5 speed we just dont know where to find one rated at 1000hp) Any suggestions? Prob will end up going with a 200r or th400 ive found those rated at 1000hp
9" ford rearend narrowed with highway friendly gears and 31 or 33 spline axles
Power steering conversion :D
Suspension/ wheels: Airride level 2 kit, 2.5" drop spindles up front, front tubular upper/ lower control arms, rear 4 link, etc. Currently thinking about going with the polished TF sleeper if they can make it in the size i need. 20x15 rear and 20x9 front without assy. bolts. tire size 275 45 up front and either a 31x18 20 or 29x18 20 rear
Body mods/ misc things: 20 gallon fuel cell over the axle in the bed for weight, tubbed wheel wells for the 18" wide MT tires. Battery in a locked battery box in the bed for more weight. Frame off resto for the most part replacing what little bit of rust is left with sheet metal. Shave side markers and maybe door handles. One piece window kit w/ 20% tint.
Interior: Black interior with all metal painted same color as exterior. Procar leather seats (60s muscle car look), custom console for 10" sub, Autometer guages, black carpet, door panels, etc...
Im sure there are things im forgetting. Hopefully this project wont take more than a year but we will see. My dad and myself will be doing all the work minus paint in the backyard out of our shop. Only thing we are waiting on is his settlement from his motorcycle accident which is supposed to come to an end soon. Anyway let me know what you think and as a side note, this truck was bought brand new in 68 by my grandfather which is kinda cool to me.

Users who are viewing this thread