68 Fastback Restomod project thread

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Not trying to derail your build thread.. but what research did you find? Because I’ve found the exact opposite. Your build may very well be topped out at that RPM, but it isn’t a factor of stroker motors in general. Several factors.

Again it’s not a big deal with smaller displacement strokers. However, for large strokers since the block is constant, the larger the stroke the more you run into those issues ie wall load (usual issue) and stroke pulling the piston completely out of the cylinder bore (not common and other failures would have to occur) if it throws the motor out of balance at high RPM.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
IMG_3151.JPG
IMG_3152.JPG

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
I wasn’t able to be there but the guys sent me the dyno video and final figures for wheel HP/TQ. It made several pulls today with the best being:

498 HP
550 TQ

For some contrast the motor made these figures on an engine dyno (at the crank) when it was built:

624 HP
545 TQ

Inherent to a stack injected stroker motor, under load the motor traded HP for TQ. Drivetrain powerloss (both HP&TQ) is always certain, usually around 15% less (this is debatable yes) from the crank. So the fact that the motor lost 126 HP but picked up 5 ft-lb TQ is pretty crazy.

Adjusted figures for crank output using 15% loss would roughly be:

572 HP
632 TQ

We’re going to do some more fine adjustments tomorrow and see what happens. I couldn’t be more happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

prs97

Established Member
Fastback? Blue? Stack injection?

Bad...ass...

Awesome ride sir!

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I wasn’t able to be there but the guys sent me the dyno video and final figures for wheel HP/TQ. It made several pulls today with the best being:

498 HP
550 TQ

For some contrast the motor made these figures on an engine dyno (at the crank) when it was built:

624 HP
545 TQ

Inherent to a stack injected stroker motor, under load the motor traded HP for TQ. Drivetrain powerloss (both HP&TQ) is always certain, usually around 15% less (this is debatable yes) from the crank. So the fact that the motor lost 126 HP but picked up 5 ft-lb TQ is pretty crazy.

572 HP
632 TQ

We’re going to do some more fine adjustments tomorrow and see what happens. I couldn’t be more happy with it.

Congrats man!!! That is awesome and great numbers.

I put mine on the rollers this weekend too and came out with 430/430. Like yours I lost a lot of HP and held my tq numbers high.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Congrats man!!! That is awesome and great numbers.

I put mine on the rollers this weekend too and came out with 430/430. Like yours I lost a lot of HP and held my tq numbers high.

Those are really solid numbers too! Your attention to detail on your build is second to none. I love it!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

498 HP
550 TQ

624 HP
545 TQ

572 HP
632 TQ

Your adjusted numbers would actually be 585/647. You divide by .85 to get the correct numbers. Car looks and sounds great!

Users who are viewing this thread