'69 Mustangs...

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Couple questions for you guys. I'm rebuilding my '69...

I've noticed body kits for the earlier years, mostly the "Eleanor," are there any pieces made for the '69 to give it a more unique look? Mostly the front end. I like how it looks, but if there's something different out there, I'd like to see it.

Anyone have any pictures of a '69 or '70 with 17" or 18" wheels? I found one, that is just beautiful, but that's it.

sideview.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Okay, we all agree it does. Sheesh. *grins*

Nobody knows about "body kits" for those years?

69 Boss9

Established Member
You think you can improve the DROP DEAD GORGEOUS good looks of a 69 Mustang Sportsroof? Good Luck! Any body mods to one of these is just not right. The best looking 60's Ford- Period! If you have a coupe, I feel your pain. The recessed back window with the aliminum trim around it to simulate vinyl just has to go. On one of these I would also get rid of the hideous side scoops and replace them with repop Shelby GT 350/500 convertible pieces. If your car is a sportsroof (incorrectly referred to as a fastback), please make no body changes.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Hey, I agree about the looks - I think the car is amazing looking, don't get me wrong. I have the Sportsroof - thank God. I can't stand the coupes...

Anyway, I've loved the way cars look before, and then seen something unique that made me think, "Wow, that does look better..." Which is why I asked.

What are the differences between the stock scoops and the Shelby GT 350/500 convertible pieces? I don't think I've seen those. I had planned on just shaving it entirely, honestly. Oh, wait...were you talking about on the coupe?

Thanks for the help.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Originally posted by Methos

sideview.jpg

Thanks for any help!
Not a real Mach 1, or if it is its missing a few things. Best thing you can do is straight body-work, and the right tire/wheel combo. I don't get into changing the looks of these cars, the most is different wheels. I have 15x10 and 15x6 keystones on my 71 Mach 1.

Users who are viewing this thread