6lb pulley with predator tune?

Bikeboy77

Established Member
I'm running a LFP quick change pulley with a 4lb ring on it right now with the standard predator 13-14lb tune. I have a 6lb ring also that I wanted to install but I can't afford a dyno tune for another month or two. My question is what changes would need to be made to the tune to make it safe to run the 6lb ring... ie, timing and fuel adjustments. Specific adjustements would be appreciated or if someone has a program to download to it that would be great too. Mods are in my sig.
Thanks in advance!

Ct.TOPGUN

Established Member
The canned Predator tune is fine for the 6# pulley.The newer tunes are actually pretty conservative. My only suggestions are to run a cooler plug like the TR6 and good quality fuel. Think about adding some Torco to the mix to have about 95 octane for safety.
Jim

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
1 step colder TR6's, pred tune and 6lb pulley will be fine. I'm running that setup on the canned tune and so is my buddy. I'll probably order an amazon tune or something of the like to squeeze some more power out.

What you need to do after you get all your stuff installed is do a dyno run just to make sure your a/f ratio is safe.

RBakerian

IWHINE
Established Member
Im running that setup now and i have a canned tune. It is running really fat/rich right now and im having Sal at PSP tune it June 10th because it is so off. Just be carefull with it...

Bikeboy77

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. I just installed the TR6's last week <what a b*tch that was> Looks like I'll be putting on the 6lb pulley tomorrow after work. =)

Bikeboy77

Established Member
RBakerian said:
Im running that setup now and i have a canned tune. It is running really fat/rich right now and im having Sal at PSP tune it June 10th because it is so off. Just be carefull with it...

Where in NY are you? I'm guessing your somewhere on LI since your using PSP to tune. I'm out on the north fork and will be using PSP myself when I'm ready to get dyno tuned.

RBakerian

IWHINE
Established Member
Bikeboy77 said:
Where in NY are you? I'm guessing your somewhere on LI since your using PSP to tune. I'm out on the north fork and will be using PSP myself when I'm ready to get dyno tuned.

Im upstate, right outside albany. Im traveling down to LI to have sal do it. He's one of the few that tunes with the predator.

Users who are viewing this thread