Standard Roll Bar or Swing outs ?

• Swing outs - Easy to get in and out

Votes: 37 90.2%
  • Standard - Burn more calories getting in and out

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Tremor

NO MERCY
Alright guys ill be buying my roll bar this weekend.

But which one ?

-Cobra is for the weekends and hitting the track.

-Cost is only like $50 dollars more for the swing outs.

If you have a cage post some pics, and let us know which one you recommend.

Thank You :burnout:

-Jose

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Definately get the swing outs until you start launching hard!

The pro's are, easy in/out, easy maintenance, women won't think you're a pervert.

The con's to swing out's, have to fine tune the engagement to work smoothly and one hard launch with 600rwhp and you won't be able to open the swing out anymore requring you to straighten your chassis and put a weld in 12 point. Only to get kicked off the track for running 9's at 148mph. At least that's what happened to me...... :)

Linthemup

Established Member

The pro's are, easy in/out, easy maintenance, women won't think you're a pervert.

The con's to swing out's, have to fine tune the engagement to work smoothly and one hard launch with 600rwhp and you won't be able to open the swing out anymore requring you to straighten your chassis and put a weld in 12 point. Only to get kicked off the track for running 9's at 148mph. At least that's what happened to me...... :)

I guess it depends on whom installed your set-up and how .
Im launching 1.49s and nothing moves or has moved . It was completely hand constructed to include sub-frames , jacking rails , battle boxes . My hoop is set on a triangle box that runs thru the floor and ties into the sub-frame .

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Your setup sounds good, mine was a MM 6pt with swing outs, was tied to the subs but this was in foxbody when I went to a 13.5:1cr 428W DFI setup, hit 1.35 60's and that was enough to put a twist in the chassis and bind up the swing outs.

For normal cars, I totally agree, the swingouts should be fine. I was just being a horses azz. :D

Im launching 1.49s and nothing moves or has moved . It was completely hand constructed to include sub-frames , jacking rails , battle boxes . My hoop is set on a triangle box that runs thru the floor and ties into the sub-frame .

Tremor

NO MERCY
I would get the swing outs myself

Standard gets old quick! I had a 6 point in our vert for over two years. Get the swing outs.

Your setup sounds good, mine was a MM 6pt with swing outs, was tied to the subs but this was in foxbody when I went to a 13.5:1cr 428W DFI setup, hit 1.35 60's and that was enough to put a twist in the chassis and bind up the swing outs.

For normal cars, I totally agree, the swingouts should be fine. I was just being a horses azz. :D

Looks like i'll be getting swing outs :rockon:

Thanks Everyone

-Jose

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
If you ever drive to a parking lot and have to get out or in and your 6'6" tall its a real muthereffer with a downbar. I have to flip around inside the drivers seat and exit out the door squeezing thru.

A friend just installed a new spring bar latch for his downtube. That would be the alternative.

If your worried of strength or forgetting the bar on a test and tune or street night. You can run a bar under the floorpan from the hoop to the front downtube plate along the pinchweld. This also gives you a real nice jacking point also. Plus you can run a few bars from it over to your subframe connectors for more structure.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Since you have a coupe I would say swing outs but when you think about the speeds you will be running at, if anything happens you only have a small pin holding the swing out. If that gives then ...

You know for mine I will be getting the standard.

"Stay thirsty my friend" :beer: lol

Tremor

NO MERCY
Already have the MM 6pt Swingouts.

Hope to install them later this month.

Ill keep you guys posted.

-Jose

jwhite

Established Member
MaximumMotorsports 6pt bar with door swing outs!

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00429.jpg

DSC00433.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread