6th GEN = Best sales in a decade

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
This is US only sales and the worst time of year to sell a new performance car too! I can see sales numbers going up in the spring when people who get harsh winters can start thinking about driving performance cars again.

Rotzs99

Established Member
This is US only sales and the worst time of year to sell a new performance car too! I can see sales numbers going up in the spring when people who get harsh winters can start thinking about driving performance cars again.

So this begs the question, why aren't all Mustangs (and the competitors) 1/2 model years and released in the beginning of Q2 instead of Q4? Is it to even out the sales throughout the year? Limited production capacity?

Last edited:

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
So this begs the question, why aren't all Mustangs (and the competitors) 1/2 model years and released in the beginning of Q2 instead of Q4? Is it to even out the sales throughout the year? Limited production capacity?

I would imagine it would be to help ease roll out with a smaller demand during winter while they build up dealer inventory. Just speculation, but that makes sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread