7.3 Diesel BROS

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
My California truck didn’t have a cat. It’s one of he reasons the 7.3 was killed off, emissions. No EGR either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
My new 97 only had muffler that belonged on a tractor. My others were all used. No cats. But my 6.0 had one that was removed with pipe replacement and tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nxhappy

Established Member
did you guys run the big ass napa air filter? or stocker

nxhappy

Established Member
ok just got her ....what a big ass truck lol ....light is on for water in fuel. Going to drain the bowl and put in a new fuel filter. Hopefully that will clear it.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
ok just got her ....what a big ass truck lol ....light is on for water in fuel. Going to drain the bowl and put in a new fuel filter. Hopefully that will clear it.

Don't run off the shelf parts store fuel filters in a diesel. Make sure you go OEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member

I ran Napa gold fuel filters with zero issues. They also have a hex drive built into the cap so you can remove it easier next time you change it with a socket.

nxhappy

Established Member
I ran Napa gold fuel filters with zero issues. They also have a hex drive built into the cap so you can remove it easier next time you change it with a socket.

I pulled the old unit, all one piece. What a piece of shit ! it took me forever to remove the "cap" lid because it did not have the hex fitting on the top. I went to Napa about bought a new lid with the hex top. I also have the motorcraft filter. They are both separate pieces. I think it's been sitting a while, I pulled tons of water from the fuel bowl. We will see what happens with the new filter. I am also going to use some seafoam and Heet.

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
I put a MAC intake on mine. Simple intake tube, bracket and large washable filter. Inexpensive and a clean easy install. You might want to look at Amsoils remote mount filters. Quality kit with twin filters. I mounted mine on the drivers side frame rail, besides the extra filtering capacity it made oil changes a snap. Clean oil is life for the oil driven injectors.

96dreamer

Established Member
DIY 6637 filter, ccv delete/reroute, 4" exhaust, 6.0 trans cooler and trans go tugger kit would be the things I consider must do for the 7.3's with the 4r100 and a tune. I also run 6-8 oz of tcw3 2 stroke oil in every fill up for extra lubricity in the ultra low sulfer diesel.

nxhappy

Established Member
fuel bowl cleaned out, new MC filter, new top lid. Shit was pretty nasty. Got her some fresh Rotella 15w40. Next will be 6637 filter.

Users who are viewing this thread