# 8 and clutch issues, Put this to rest for me

Jonnyslick

Established Member
I have had my car for almost a month and have driven 2,200 miles since I purchased it. I have no issues with the clutch, or shifter. My car was built January 2011 and perhaps it was the earlier builds that had the issues with the clutch. As far as cylinder #8 is concerned there are too few occurances for me to worry about, and who is not to say that those threads around the internet weren't started by a Camaro owner who wanted to start a frenzy amoungst us? Or if not someone had an aggressive tune and put a cheaper grade of gas in the tank because the gas prices were jacked up around the country for a while (still are but getting better!) and all hell broke loose. If this is preventing you from purchasing a great car, you are missing out!

Its mostly a " i rather be safe then sorry " situation, But in any case this thread has been up a few days and iam more then sure if it happened to anyone that's active on this forum it would have been blurted out by now....How?, why? , gas? etc etc etc.

It all comes down to BS and for the most part it seems either someone screwed around with some nitrous or tried screwing with timing on their own terms and F'ed shit up.

Lone Star

Established Member
Its mostly a " i rather be safe then sorry " situation, But in any case this thread has been up a few days and iam more then sure if it happened to anyone that's active on this forum it would have been blurted out by now....How?, why? , gas? etc etc etc.

It all comes down to BS and for the most part it seems either someone screwed around with some nitrous or tried screwing with timing on their own terms and F'ed shit up.

Oh I definitely understand where you are coming from. I have an SCT tuner from AM BAMA that was for my 2010 Mustang V6, and I decided to hold off on getting the tuner programed over to the 2011 5.0 because of the #8 issue. Now BAMA has the 3yr/36k warranty against #8 failure on their tunes, I am still waiting, as with time the tunes will get better and the 5.0 engine better understood as to the safe parameters. Plus upgrading from 210 crank hp to 412 crank hp is enough to keep me satisfied for awhile. :rockon:

Quickstang5o

Established Member
What tune did you have and what do you feel the problem was with the tune?

I won't name the tuner because they have corrected the knock sensors. I am currently running their tune without regret. But saying that everyone who has this problem is using nitrous or adj. timing is complete nonsense. And I always use 93 oct. Don't be scared of tuning, it's worth it.

davidhuff

Established Member
It's not bs but it's also not a big deal. It happened to me but ford helped a brother out. If they didn't help me I would be crying like other people. I had a tune, cai and was running my car hard after 1000 miles. That being said most tuners have already fixed this issue. I don't think you will be seeing any more #8 failures.
And the Tuner was???

Users who are viewing this thread