8 Sec Turbo 2005 Mustang

Buster

Established Member
Hey Guys,

I've been working on my 2005 Mustang for the past year. The car was originally owned by Fred Cook of Evolution Performance. The car had passed hands a few times and ended up in my Garage. It was a KB 2.8l with a built motor and a C4. I converted the car over to a power glide and 80mm turbo.

Anyhow, I made it to the dyno and drag strip with decent results. The car made 1054 RWHP @ 33 PSI and ran an 8.72 @ 155. We actually ran the 8.72 on lower boost, yeah 33 psi is my lower boost setting, 40 being max. We turned the car down because we were seeing high inlet temps and losing 7 degrees if timing on the last 1/8 mile. Also for you racelogic guys, the best 60-130 i've ran is a 4.1 seconds on the street, yeah the car does hook all of it on the street from a roll. The 60-130 on the 8.72 pass was 4.2 seconds.

The shops involved with the build. APS Autoworks here in minnesota, Richard from Racecraft built the turbo kit and the car was tuned by me. We are running E85 with methanol injections.

Future plans are to install a department of boost R manifold with intercooler. This KB intake and intercooler worked well to about 800 RWHP, after that the temps started to get a bit high.

Here's a link to the pass at the track. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RZwU5-7pc3k

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Buster

Established Member
Whats with the snake badges?

Every time I go to the track I see cobras running 13's, so I figured Id try to help them out. Honestly, they came on the car, I wasn't about to pull them off as I thought they looked decent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread