8 Second Stock Bottom End ZR1

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Driving to a 8 second pass takes some serious skills, let's see the Gtr owners row gears like that. Lol. Hitwoman will be butt hurt

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Met him in person - Great guy

He drives the hell out of his ZR1:rockon:

Awesome driving no doubt

TheHitman™

Established Member
Another thing I don't see is why don't I see a lot of ZR1's on aftermarket blowers or making really big power? I would think they would be hitting those marks already. Not trolling just curious.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
No aftermarket blowers for the ZR1:nonono:

I have not ran mine as of yet. Not comfortable looking at that damn wall for some reason.

So I probably won't do it.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
That car is sick. Great driver too.

I agree he was running NOS on the second pass.

makevelie187

Established Member
I think the 158 pass must've been on nitrous too, that was quite a bit of flames/backfiring for a motor-only pass.

I believe that car has a no lift shift installed (AKA WOTbox). anytime a no lift shift is in a car it shoots flames out the back from time to time depending on how fast you shift(i have one so i know this). Most cars running that fast at that speed are crazy not to have one it aligns the syncros perfectly because it kills the TQ off the engine for a 100-300milliseconds depending on how it was set, you don't loose boost because it holds the RPM and chances of missing a shift are near impossible its a win in every category.

The reason why it shot more flames on the nitrous pass is because there was nitrous going into the engine lol ( more fuel more unburned matter), No lift shift cuts ignition on half the block (4 cylinders in this situation) and when it starts back up all the unburned fuel in the exhaust is lit up like a fireball and shoots out the back, you can also hear it pop every it is shifted.

But regardless this guy can shift i'm still getting used to not lifting my clutch and rowing through the gears and sometimes i still lift because of habit, its not easy. That guy is literally shifting that as fast as possible lol.

LSxPwrdZ

I do the tuning on this car and the blower only passes are around the 150-151mph mark. The nitrous + blower passes have seen as much as 159mph. We are having some fuel puddling issues inside the blower on the shifts that are causing the flames. Also there is not a no lift shift box on this car. However we are using some stuff in the ECM as the rev limiter that causes similar affects as a no lift shift box.

Here is a link to a little more info on the car:
First ZR1 in the 8's - LS1TECH

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I do the tuning on this car and the blower only passes are around the 150-151mph mark. The nitrous + blower passes have seen as much as 159mph. We are having some fuel puddling issues inside the blower on the shifts that are causing the flames. Also there is not a no lift shift box on this car. However we are using some stuff in the ECM as the rev limiter that causes similar affects as a no lift shift box.

Here is a link to a little more info on the car:
First ZR1 in the 8's - LS1TECH

Nice to meet you and you do one hell of a job on the tuning CHEERS TO YOU:beer:

Brandon619

Established Member

Brandon619

Established Member
Another thing I don't see is why don't I see a lot of ZR1's on aftermarket blowers or making really big power? I would think they would be hitting those marks already. Not trolling just curious.

No one has made an aftermarket blower for the ZR1 because the stock GM blower is very efficient. Tuners are porting the ZR1 blowers with good results and I have seen somewhere on the Corvette forum that a guy swapped his blower out for turbos but no results yet.

Users who are viewing this thread