800rwhp cobra vs built/N2O camaro and built/auto TT coyote

Dragu1a

Established Member
out with a few buddies last weekend and we decided to cross the border into mexico for a little fun. wasn't planning on racing when i left, so the gopro was just lying on the floor in the car and not mounted...wish it would've been for the 1st race. wound up beside my friend and decided what the hell, why not?

full disclosure, this is my 2nd time driving the car with the new whipple setup and new tires...first time testing out the new power. so i feel like i did pretty good...need a little more seat time.

my car - 2004 cobra. stock motor with comp cams, 2.9 crusher, e85. slightly built t56, rxt and 26 spline...nearly stock irs and my normal wheels with hoosier dr2. 803/715 @23.x lbs

2011(?) TT 5.0, built motor, built 3spd auto, bigs/littles, owner says it makes low 700's on low boost.

camera car, new bolt on 5.0.

this was super close, i wish i would've had the camera mounted for this one. we were basically door to door then i edged him out by maybe a fender in 4th. ran again from 50 and he went to high boost(22lbs) but he blew the tires off. video for that one isn't much to see. but this win felt good. my friends car is fast.

th_EA206C73-5EE5-4C41-AC55-1ACBE53409F6_zpstzbtnqj6.jpg

car #2

f-body camaro with (according to his friend later, the owner wasn't giving up all his info) a built 488 with LS7 mast heads, a 700 lift cam and 400 direct port...then another guy that knows him says he has a nitrous puck too. a lot of weight reduction and ccw drag pack.

he gets out quick, but i caught him in 4th then ran out of gear then let off. guy with the camaro has been racing for years and is well known in the area. he said my car surprised the hell out of him...so for me being pretty new to the scene around here, that made me feel good even though it was a loss.

th_58EA2314-1733-4860-B51E-C0A11F725CDB_zpswwsnxnkp.jpg

now they know what my car can do, so i need to make it better before next time. i know with some more seat time, my shifts will get quicker...and get the car to lose some weight and maybe meth? or little n20 shot?

thoughts? suggestions?

cummins4life

Established Member
stock 04 cobra internals turned up vs 11 coyote built block twin turbo capable of 20 lbs of boost either that car was running hardly any boost at all or he cant drive it. 700-800+ hp no problem on that setup with the right fuel . i don't think your 04 is up to the challenge ( especially on a roll for a tt car ) with or without meth. build the block and turn that baby WAY up and blow his doors off :)

Last edited:

Dragu1a

Established Member
did you read the post? I said it was on low boost and I said it made low 700's through a 3spd auto.

Rambro

Established Member
stock 04 cobra internals turned up vs 11 coyote built block twin turbo capable of 20 lbs of boost either that car was running hardly any boost at all or he cant drive it. 700-800+ hp no problem on that setup with the right fuel . i don't think your 04 is up to the challenge ( especially on a roll for a tt car ) with or without meth. build the block and turn that baby WAY up and blow his doors off :)

Because stock 03-04 cobra internals continue to do work. But yeah you better find a way to turn it up if you're going to race the sneaky ls guy again. Lots of weight reduction you could do if you haven't already. Good runs and a stout car vs the automagics.

Dragu1a

Established Member
Because stock 03-04 cobra internals continue to do work. But yeah you better find a way to turn it up if you're going to race the sneaky ls guy again. Lots of weight reduction you could do if you haven't already. Good runs and a stout car vs the automagics.

Thanks. It has some weight reduction. K-member and control arms, rear seat delete, corbeau front seats, emptied trunk..might pull the speakers/amp, I dont think I've turned the stereo on in 3 years...haha. Need to find more weight to drop before thinking about sra.

DSS

Established Member
Nice runs, and nice cars

But I'm a bit skeptical on the rumored listed mods on the camaro or unless of course he wasn't going full kill on that set up,

The list you mentioned on the camaro is recipe to make 1000-1100whp, N/A alone that should be at least 600whp, the power band on that significant size of nitrous should be impressive as well,

Last edited:

Dragu1a

Established Member
Nice runs, and nice cars

But I'm a bit skeptical on the rumored listed mods on the camaro or unless of course he wasn't going full kill on that set up,

The list you mentioned on the camaro is recipe to make 1000-1100whp, N/A alone that should be at least 600whp, the power band on that significant size of nitrous should be impressive as well,

He said his bottle pressure was down since he had other races that night...I don't know much about nitrous, but I assume that makes a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread