80mm TURBO MUSTANG.. NEXT IRS, SIXSPEED RECORD HOLDER?

blackonblacksls

Established Member
Ok no sure on the irs six speed record holder, but i know I hope to go into the 9s at 150+ mph..

here goes some engine bay pics, and some rear tires shots, that is a 335 rear tires stretched across some 18x13inch wheels..

motor is a storker with ported stock heads, big nasty custom specd turbo cams, sheetmetal intake, custom build turbo kit with forward facing headers, and a t4 exhuast housing gt4788 turbo..

irs has all the bushings and even a few trick one off touches, and the sixspeed is a liberty built faceplated t56.

car still has a stock looking interior with an indash screen and a full set of components with an amp for the right, and an amp for the leftside..

best run yet with the old turbo setup, which was an ebay intercooler, and bullseye S374 turbo was 10.8 @133 and some low 11s @134.... This was on only 10.9lbs of boost... this was on ccws and 255 radial tires.

car now has the new turbo and a new procharger top to bottom intercooler, with some fuel system changes...

Even with the little turbo and low boost the duty cycle on the 96lb injectors was getting close to 80percent..

still trying to decide if I want to add another set of injectors, or move onto a set of 8 235lbers.. when I move to e98

video bellow is of the two step..

th_100_0011.jpg

828601b8.jpg

1f19a99d.jpg

ed619441.jpg

da234670.jpg

cfe486b3.jpg

fef962af.jpg

87cc768a.jpg

67de7e9f.jpg

SunMay09102134MDT2010.jpg

SunMay02201733CDT2010.jpg

Dane

Established Member
Look like it will be a beast when done. Keep us posted. In the video I did not even know that sound was your mustang until you revved.

blackonblacksls

Established Member
Jsut need to put body panels backk on..put a clutch cable and weld a blow off flange... tuhen ill make some passes with lower boost and pump gas.. I think it should go close to 140 and low 10s easy.. then turn it up when I get the injector situation figured out.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Sick build man..:rockon::rockon:

This is kind of off topic but I wonder if the new Getrag 6spd from the 2011 Mustangs will bolt-on to older Mustangs...From what it sounds like that transmission is very similar to the getrag used in MKIV Supras which have gone into the 8s in full weight cars.

Black Sex

Established Member
150+ is good for the 8's. Better have a chute. Can you down shift the faceplated T56? I guy I work with has a faceplated T5 in his '91 and he cant downshift unless he is almost stopped. Even coming off the interstate if there is stop he is pretty much stuck in 5th unless he gets it down to 10mph or so. That would get on my nerves real fast. But on the other hand being able to shift about as fast as an auto would be cool too. Sweet car, cant wait to see some track vids

Edit: I see the chute cables in the video

Last edited:

blackonblacksls

Established Member
Your buddy must be a god awful driver.... When i first got the car going, it was kind of a pain, shifts were rough, downshifts were time consuming, and it was very noticeable... People that ride in it now dont even notice, I can downshifts to any gear, i do plenty of roll racing and playing around on the freeway with no issues.. I have even driven the thing in stock and go traffic with no issues.. There is definetly a little more skill involved, and its not something just anyone could do..

150+ is good for the 8's. Better have a chute. Can you down shift the faceplated T56? I guy I work with has a faceplated T5 in his '91 and he cant downshift unless he is almost stopped. Even coming off the interstate if there is stop he is pretty much stuck in 5th unless he gets it down to 10mph or so. That would get on my nerves real fast. But on the other hand being able to shift about as fast as an auto would be cool too. Sweet car, cant wait to see some track vids

Edit: I see the chute cables in the video

Black Sex

Established Member
Your buddy must be a god awful driver.... When i first got the car going, it was kind of a pain, shifts were rough, downshifts were time consuming, and it was very noticeable... People that ride in it now dont even notice, I can downshifts to any gear, i do plenty of roll racing and playing around on the freeway with no issues.. I have even driven the thing in stock and go traffic with no issues.. There is definetly a little more skill involved, and its not something just anyone could do..

Considering it ran 10.52 @ 129 on stock motor with heads, cam, and 125shot in a full interior car with AC and power everything :shrug: call it what you want. Its something in the tranny. He only has about 500 miles on it

haha dang man last time i saw that car you got walked by James's Turbo Towncar

oh snap!

Last edited:

blackonblacksls

Established Member
Considering it ran 10.52 @ 129 on stock motor with heads, cam, and 125shot in a full interior car with AC and power everything :shrug: call it what you want. Its something in the tranny. He only has about 500 miles on it

oh snap!

Doesnt mean he can drive.. Hell maybe someone else could have gone 10.0s with the same car....

Its not hard to drive a faceplated transmission.
Just requires some skill,
Large truck operators drive non synchronized transmissions on a regular basis, and they come like this from the factory... So obviously its not impossible...

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Oh no its not a 4v!

LOL j/k good luck with it should be a monster!

Users who are viewing this thread