86 Notchback 5lug conversion, HELP!

SVTmystic290

Established Member
So we are in the process of doing a 5lug swap on an 86lx. Everything was going smoothly and everything is installed up until the point of putting the rotor on the spindle.

The spindles we are using are from an 87-93GT, the rotors we have are 5 lug but we are unsure of what model vehicle they are from.

Our problem is that once we try to put the rotor on the spindle it seats itself all the way in and rubs badly on the knuckle/caliper bracket. It appears that maybe we have the wrong bearings but Im not sure as I cant find much info on this or anyone who has encountered this problem.

Anyone on here know what the deal is and how we can go abouts correcting this? Its the only step we are snagged up on and is really slowing down the build. Thanks in advance, hope someone can help

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ideally you want 94-95 spindles and the corresponding front brake setup. However, you can use the 87-93 spindles if you get rotors from a lincoln Mark VII (85-91 should work). I've also read you can use front rotors from an SVO. Hope that helps.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Ideally you want 94-95 spindles and the corresponding front brake setup. However, you can use the 87-93 spindles if you get rotors from a lincoln Mark VII (85-91 should work). I've also read you can use front rotors from an SVO. Hope that helps.

Just make sure the wheel center will fit over the Lincoln spindle/nut. This si a good swap but on certain wheels you won't be able to use the center cap.

SVTmystic290

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys. I will have to go down to the store and see if they have any new rotors in stock to compare, if not maybe the 94-95 spindle is the way to go. The help is appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread