'86 with a 4V Aluminator and Whipple at VIR

gbrown8439

Established Member
I had problems in qualifying so I had to start towards the back of the pack. Stick with it, you'll like it once I clear traffic.

This was from 2 weeks ago when I was there to compete in the Grassroots Motorsport Ultimate Track Car Challenge. I took 3rd in class, 10th overall (out of about 70) and first in the "Green" Car Challenge.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sj0xyEVUWg"]YouTube- Gregs American Iron Extreme car at VIR[/nomedia]

kwiknotch

Addicted to boost!
Established Member
That was bad ass! You were driving the hell outta that thing. How much HP are you putting down, because you passed everyone you saw. :) Also, what tires do you run?

95riosnake

Established Member
I was lol'ing at 1:47 when you overtook nearly all the cars. I thought the only way to pass cars like that was to do it on Forza with the difficulty on easy, didn't know it was possible in real life :rockon:

That car is downright nasty, I could listen to it all day. When it's opened up on the straights it seems like it will keep pulling forever, I could only imagine how much of a rush it is to drive.

Any build info, pics, other videos of the car? Thanks for sharing! :beer:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Way badass vid. I wonder what the Firebird/Camaro had in it to stay even with you on the straight.

And welcome to SVTP. This is one hell of an intro thread.

gbrown8439

Established Member
That was bad ass! You were driving the hell outta that thing. How much HP are you putting down, because you passed everyone you saw. :) Also, what tires do you run?

It's a FRPP Aluminator shortblock, FRPP ported 4V heads, FRPP Cams and a 2.3 Whipple @19psi. It makes 672 RWHP through a Tremec 6060 and 4.10 gear.

I run Goodyears new RS DOT compound tire on Forgeline rims with 335's on the rear and 295's on the front.

There are some pictures here :[ame=http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?t=107772]Ole Blue's comeback! Thats right, MD's going roadracing! - Modular Depot Forums[/ame].
I'm not the best at keeping my threads updated with pictures so there aren't as many there as I should have but you'll get the idea. BTW, the radiator in the trunk idea didn't work. :(

Thanks for all the kind words.

gbrown8439

Established Member
Way badass vid. I wonder what the Firebird/Camaro had in it to stay even with you on the straight.

And welcome to SVTP. This is one hell of an intro thread.

That car surprised the hell out of me. To look at it I sure didn't expect it to be that fast. I never did make it over to talk to him to find out details but I bet his motor was a lot bigger than 281ci. :-D

Dominator

The Shogun of Harlem
Established Member
It's not his '86 that I'm worried about it's the 400+ ci turbocharged 800hp '99 monster he has built. :eek:
That is going to be a struggle to keep up with.

jeeebus. That's insane for a road race car. Plus the fact that it's turbocharged makes it even more difficult to handle. (depending on spool characteristics, etc.) hmmmmm I wonder if he is going to sell his blue '86 beast then???? That car is a national AIX champion. The last time I saw him race was at Road America. My ported Eaton blew and he had the fastest time of the day, including every other class like Porsche Cup Challenge, unlimited, etc.

I don't care how fast his '99 will be. Your two '86 Mustangs are the best looking beasts out there!:rockon:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
WOW!! Very cool when you passed like 6 cars on the straight! I too thought that you were going to blow bye the guy in the firebird, but he did hold his own on the straight.

Awesome video.

bssmith1220

Established Member
geez you did work when the straight came up....your car is awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread