87 Fox I just picked up

SilvGT

Established Member
Just picked her up last weekend. Truthfully I have never thought much of red but this car was so clean and original I just couldn't pass. Thought I would share a few pics. These are from the sale ad cause it isn't nice enough to get out and take any pictures yet.

87gt2.jpg

87gt1.jpg

87gt3.jpg

87gt4.jpg

87gt5.jpg

Not much done to her. Car has the following modifications:

Ford Motorsport Headers

Flowmaster cat back

Original Ford H-pipe is on it, but I have a Basanni x-pipe with gutted cats that came with it.

Dealer installed 3.55 gears

FMS clutch

Steeda manual clutch cable set up with firewall adjuster

Dealer installed FMS 140mph speedometer (mileage was set correctly by dealer when it was installed in the 80’s)

Hurst Shifter (have original)

3g alternator conversion done right (I have the original Motorcraft 2G which was rebuilt a couple of years ago)

New Ford Racing wires, plugs and Taylor Cap/Rotor (still have original 1987 date coded wires)

New LX style tail light lenses (have originals)

Newer headlights (have originals which are slightly dulled)

New heater core 9/09

Replaced front rotors, bearings, HAWK pads 5/09

New Audio - Clarion head, Boston 6.5” door speakers and Polk 5”x7” rear speakers, 7/09

I have every original piece that came off the car to put back to bone stock if I wanted to. I thought it was pretty cool. From Carfax report I'm only the 4th owner had only 2 up until last year when the guy I got it from bought it. He is friends with the 2nd owner and only bought it cause how clean it is. He's not even into Mustangs lol.

f2hatch

Established Member
Nice super clean fox. You don't find them looking like that to often any more. have more control then me. When i found my latest fox it was a bone stock 8,000 original mile 5.0 5spd car and 0ne month later looked like this:nonono:.
DSC01139.jpg

And now it's a full 25.2 certified car

Last edited:

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
thats how my 87 interior looked before i swapped it to black. will it cut down the value of my 87gt since the interior isnt original anymore?

SilvGT

Established Member
Nice super clean fox. You don't find them looking like that to often any more. have more control then me. When i found my latest fox it was a bone stock 8,000 original mile 5.0 5spd car and 0ne month later looked like this:nonono:.
DSC01139.jpg

And now it's a full 25.2 certified car

Yeah it's tough to fight the urge lol. I'm loving it mostly original though. You can redo things 1000x's but it's only original one time.

SilvGT

Established Member
thats how my 87 interior looked before i swapped it to black. will it cut down the value of my 87gt since the interior isnt original anymore?

I don't think they are worth anymore stock than modded honestly. It's just cool that it's original to me.

kbsonicstang

Owns 1 sick stang!!
Established Member
nice find. how many miles?
i have an 88 5.0 5speed, all original (paint, fenders, etc.) except for full exhaust(flowmaster), and 3.73 gears, and replaced the stock speakers and headunit.

SilvGT

Established Member
thanks guys I appreciate the compliments! She has 116k miles but sure doesn't show anywhere lol and I picked it up for what I thought was a great price $5500.

Users who are viewing this thread