87 notch questions..

Soupraman

Established Member
I've owned three 5.0's but have been away from them for awhile. I came across an 87 notch w/ about a year old blk paint job. The owner is from SC but claims there isn't any rust on the car, which by glancing I couldn't see any. He said there is a new 302 on the car w/ about 2000 miles on it. 5 spd tranny/wheels/axles from a 98 cobra. 4.10 gears. hurst shifter, 10k tach w/ shift light, oil, and water gauges, fiberglass hood. He said the previous owner unplugged the odo while he was working on it or something. not sure the mileage. looks like the car has a few small dings and dents under the paint??? Say's it needs an alignment. He wants 4g's obo for it. I took some pics of it w/ my phone. I just have to figure out how to put them on here. Should I pass?

4valvemach

Established Member
Some pics would help

Is it a 4cyl to V8 swap car?
Is it still speed density or converted to mass air?
Does it have A/c & heat?
Is the interior clean?
Is the whole car black this includes the door jams and under hood?
Was it a auto changed to 5spd?
What are your plans for the car?

IMO I would say a nice clean stock notch would be around 5-7k and a good looking one maybe $3500-$5000.If its a 4cyl car to start with thats now a V8 then well under $3500.

Last edited:

Soupraman

Established Member
original v8, believe it's speed density. no a/c, heat not sure. decent interior. I think it's all the same but I think I could see a hint of red on the inside edges of the grille. not sure about 5spd conversion. Cruise,track,show. forge internals and add a turbo(s). I believe it has sold as the car is no longer there. might just have to keep looking.

94-427

Established Member
finding a clean 5.0 notch converted or not is becoming more and more difficult good look with your hunt

Users who are viewing this thread