88STANG VS 99 VIPER

2quik4gm

Banned
88STANG VS 02 VIPER

I RACED A GUY LAST NIGHT WITH A 02 YELLOW VIPER NOT SURE OF THE EXACT MODEL BUT I KNOW HE HAS UPGRADED WASTE GATES AND EXHAUST ANYWAY I TOOK HIM OUT OF THE WHOLE AND PULLED HIM ALL THE WAY HE WaS QUITE PISSED AT ME

THEN ON MY WAY HOME I REALIZED THAT I HAD MY 5000 RPM LIMITER IN I DONT WANT TO OVER REV THE CAR BECAUSE ITS FOR SALE AND I DONT WANT TO BREAK ANYTHING

I JUST SET MY SHIFT LIGHT EARLIER THAT DAY AND FORGOT ABOUT IT IT CAME ON AT 4900RPM I SHIFTED AND THE CAR PULLED

ANYWAYS I JUST GOT A EMAIL SAYING HE WANTS TO RUN ME AGAIN WITH HIS SLICKS ON AND SO I AGREED

SO IM THINKING DO I RACE HIM WITH MY DRAG RADIALS OR DO I GOT HOME AND THROW ON THE WELDS WITH MY LITTLE 28 INCH HOOSIERS

WHAT DO YOU THINK :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Pyro

Established Member
Nice Kill...I'd go with the slicks if he is..why shouldn't you? Keep us posted.

2quik4gm

Banned
TRUE
HOWEVER HE ALREADY GOT BEAT BY A MUSTANG WHICH HE SAID AND I QUOTE THERE WORSE THAN HONDAS
SO I THOUGHT WHY NOT ADD INSULT TO INJURY BY BEATING HIM ON DRAG RADAILS MAYBE YOUR RIGHT

2quik4gm

Banned
I JUST GOT A CALL FROM THE LOCAL SPEED SHOP SAYING THAT HE WAS IN THERE THIS MORNING GETTING HIS BOTTLE FILLED AS FAR AS I KNEW HE DIDNT HAVE SPRAY ON THE VIPER BUT LOOKS LIKE I COULD BE WRONG THIS IS GETTING INTERESTING MAYBE ILL PULL MY CHIP PUT THE 6250 RPM BACK IN THERE AND CHANGE MY BLOWER PULLEY JUST INCASE I WONDER IF I CAN MAKE SOME MONEY OFF OF THIS

Steeltwo

Established Member
upgraded wastegates?

its not like vipers come with them stock as those are turbo system components.

and of the turbo kits I know that come in the twin formation(as you said gates). The least powerful kit i've seen dyno'd 691 on 91 CA camel piss at 5psi(i think 5psi)

so maybe you mean something other than wastegates???

:shrug:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Cough...

No such thing as a yellow 99 Viper
No wastegates on a stock Viper

What exactly did you run?

2quik4gm

Banned
pardon me
i am a little color blind but i think i know what color it was
second maybe it was a 00 ill check tonight

as for no waste gates on a stock viper

well who ever said it ws stock
let me guess you own a viper and cant believe it got beat by a highly modded stang

4camV8

Established Member
Originally posted by 2quik4gm
as for no waste gates on a stock viper

well who ever said it ws stock
let me guess you own a viper and cant believe it got beat by a highly modded stang

No, he can't believe a highly modded stang beat a TURBO VIPER. Frankly neither can I. I have no problem beleiving a stang with the right mods can beat a viper... but your story is full of holes...

2quik4gm

Banned
your right mr treynor it was a 02 guess i should have checked i just spoke with some one who seen the race and he said that the viper was spinning all the way i couldnt hear this or see it cause i ws in front So it looks like ill need my slicks tonight
ill let you all know how it turns out
i wanted to put money on it but he says he doesnt rce for cash just bragging rights so if i beat him again im going to shout it from the roof tops just to rub it in hes got me thinking now though not worried just thinking

2quik4gm

Banned
ok 4 cam v8
my car has gones 10s for 2 years now

what do you think the viper is worth in the quater

how long have you been representing mr treynor
i was hoping to hear back from him personally but thank you for answering for him

2quik4gm

Banned
re

Vehicle: 88 stang
FOR SALE
1988 FORD MUSTANG
DECH SKIRTS SALEEN WING 17INCH BORBET TYPE A,s
8.8 REAR WITH 373 GEARS
306 TRICKFLOW HEADS TRICKFLOW INTAKE 75MM TB
36LB INJECTORS 75 MM MASS AIR
BOTTOM END EAGLE H BEAM RODS JE PISTONS CHILD AND ALBERT RING FEDERAL MOGUL BEARINGS ANDERSON B4 CAM ANDERSON POWER PIPE VORTECH V2 SQ ONLY 175 MILES ON ALL EQUIPMENT FULL AUTO METER GAUGES TREMEC 3550 LAKEWOOD SCATTERSHIELD CENTREFORCE CLUTCH B&M SHIFTER SPARCO RACE BUCKETS 5 POINT HARNESSS 8 POINT CAGE 4 CORE RAD COMES WITH INTERCOOLER STILL IN BOX CAR HAS GONE 10.60S @126 MADE OVER 550 HP @ THE WHEELS
OPEN TO OFFERS AND MAYBE SOME SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW MUCH I SHOULD BE ASKING JUST BOUGHT 99 SVT COBRA LOOKING TO SELL ASAP 64miles on car 300miles on new motor

does this sound like enough to beat a turbo viper v84cam

4camV8

Established Member
ok 4 cam v8
my car has gones 10s for 2 years now

what do you think the viper is worth in the quater

how long have you been representing mr treynor
i was hoping to hear back from him personally but thank you for answering for him

I don't doubt your car is fast. What do i think the viper is worth in the quarter? Around 12.2 stock, if car and driver is right. Add to that a turbo system AND what was it? Oh yeah, "upgraded wastegates", (i'm assuming because of the pluralization that this is, in fact, a TWIN turbo viper), and I'd say it's pretty f'n fast... probably 10's on tires made of concrete...

Are you trying to say you beat a N/A Viper? I'll believe that all day long and toast a good kill...:beer: but as it stands now, your story is just a little hard to believe... that's all i am saying... is the viper turbo or not?

2quik4gm

Banned
well unless the waste gate is there for show im not sure if its twin or not but i did hear someone say he was making 9/11psi depending on the weather
ill get all his specs tonight after i beat him again ok ill even try for video

so if you think his car is good for 10s and i know mine is good for 10s then whats so hard to believe

4camV8

Established Member
Re: re

does this sound like enough to beat a turbo viper v84cam

Maybe, but i am guessing a turbo viper makes more than 550 at the wheels... probably a lot more! Whatever though, man... if you say it happened, that's cool... i'm not much for internet arguing... nice kill :beer:

**edit** a 450hp viper with 11psi would be running in the neighborhood of 785hp flywheel... :eek:

G

Last edited:

2quik4gm

Banned
actually my car made 588@ the wheels and that was with 15 psi i can go as high as 20psi in ness and i know thsi year the car is good for nines in track trim i havent been this year yet so well seee what happens tonight and maybe ill get to the track this weekend

Pyro

Established Member
RWHP means NOTHING if it doesn't get to the ground so if he was, in fact, spinning then it sounds legit. Beware if he gets traction! Good luck.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Actually, I'm also having a lot of trouble believing this story. First of all, 10.6 @ 126!? A turbo '02 (of which I know of exactly zero in existence) would rip you a new one, since the turbo Vipers I *do* know of run 135-150 in the traps.

If you're saying you beat a stock '02 (117 traps) with a car which traps 126, fine. But there are no wastegates in a stock Viper.

Finally, a Fox-body stang making 588RWHP traps one hell of a lot higher than 126 in the 1/4. So again, your story doesn't add up. Post a vid of your runs at the track with this car, and you'll gain credibility.

Last edited:

Steeltwo

Established Member
Re: Re: re

Originally posted by 4camV8

**edit** a 450hp viper with 11psi would be running in the neighborhood of 785hp flywheel... :eek:

G

how can you guess that?

on which turbo?
which exhaust?
which intake piping?
any honing?
cams?
heads?

Users who are viewing this thread