9/16 Subframe bolt installation problems

Sp3edD3m0n

Established Member
I was installing lowering springs and decided to replace the stock subframe bolts with the 9/16 bolts, however I am having problems with the nuts. Am I supposed to cut out the stock nuts and either way the 9/16 lock nuts dont seem to fit in the subframe bracket. Any help will be appreciated.

IMG_1750.gif

ripnesscobra

Established Member
That is not the location where you upgrade the bolts to 14 mm / 9/16" bolts. You want to install the 14 mm / 9/16" bolts in the front IRS subframe mount location.

braindontstop31

Established Member
As mentioned above the 9/16" bolt goes in the front and not the rear.
Also you may have to grind out the holes slightly where the 9/16 bolt goes, I did.

Sp3edD3m0n

Established Member
LOL, epic failure here bud!

Shit! Epic Failure Indeed. I ran a drill through the metal sleeve since the 9/16 would not slide through easily. So now if I put the oem bolts back they are going to be a little loose.

I guess lack of reading comprehension did me in. I was going to replace these with MM low profile for tire clearance, then found info about 9/16 bolts being better and I mixed up the information as to which ones where which.

Might have to replace the subframe bushing now.......:bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash::bash:

Users who are viewing this thread