9/25 - Austin Cruise!!!

coleman

Established Member
crew, great news!

SVTADVISOR, Lance, over at Leif Johnson Ford in Austin has gratiously offered to provide lunch (pizza) for all of us if we simply show up & provide a head count!

Can we accomodate his request?

coleman

Established Member
Jesse99, let's just meet at Doug Stanley Ford in De Soto ... Pleasant Run exit ... or maybe even the next exit if possible -- i'll find out.

I'm going to meet up with cobra214tx over here in plano @ 8am before arriving at DSF around 8:30am.

Who else has FRS radios? I have two... It would be nice to have one in each vehicle.

Jesse99

DFWModified
Established Member
I have two radios also.. It only goes up to 22 channels.. Anyway meeting at doug stanley ford sounds good.. You can count me in on the pizza for lunch.. (a head count will be 6, Me- Hollie, David and family)

Last edited:

coleman

Established Member
Jesse99, six people in two cars?

Cobra214Tx & I will meet up with you all at DSG ... ~ 8:30am.

...should take us three hours to get into Austin.

Jesse99

DFWModified
Established Member
Originally posted by coleman
Jesse99, six people in two cars?

Cobra214Tx & I will meet up with you all at DSG ... ~ 8:30am.

...should take us three hours to get into Austin.

Well me and Hollie in my car and David his wife and 2 kids in his car.. Anyway I'll see you at Doug Stanley Ford at 8:30am

Firme

Established Member
Originally posted by dorky LS1 chick
i will be in austin staying at the marriott downtown... lots o' alcohol :thumbsup:

The SVT Cobra Mustang Club rooms are at the Radisson, just south of 6th street. We will have a group going to 6th street once we get to the hotel. You are welcome to meet us out if you would like.

coleman

Established Member
I really wanted to head over to Leif Johnson Ford in Austin & chat with SVTADVISOR, Lance... But according to the SCMC members, the entire area is under construction & has limited parking availability :cryying:

Firme

Established Member
Coleman, he is more than welcome to meet us out...

everyone please stay tune to the status of th Cruise

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7175

a few people have called for it to be rescheduled due to IVAN and storms in the Austin area/ hill country this weekend.

So we are keeping an eye on the storm to see what it does.

Status of the cruise is pending what happens today

coleman

Established Member
That was an awesome cruise ... as usual! :beer:

... looking forward to the next one. Maybe I'll even follow everyone out to 6th street this next time :thumbsup:

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
Nice talking with you coleman as well as everyone else. We had a great time. :rockon:

So does anyone have any official figures on the number of cars we had?

coleman

Established Member
I counted 20 vehicles... not as many as last time, but the threat of rain was a large factor.

Hope to see both you and racerat next time...

99TexasZ

Established Member
Hey are you all the ones that came through Marble Falls and I (in my pewter Z28) screwed with yall almost all the way to Austin? If so which one of you was in the yellow 03 Cobra with "Eaton Inside" on the side window?

99TexasZ

Established Member
Oh that was you? Man your Cobra runs great. I told everyone I know about your car. What are you pulling in the quarter? You seem like a pretty cool guy, some of the guys were giving me bad looks. I guess they thought I wasnt worth their time. I had my shift points all messed up that day, had just got my Hypertech Power Programmer and was jacking with it when I ran into all of you guys at Sonic. Man I wish I would have had my video camera, it was awsome.

coleman

Established Member
Thank you ... and your car is no souch as well !!!

I've only acheived 12.5 @ 118 -- I know my car can do better ... the problem lies with the poor nut behind the wheel.

What are you doing in the quarter?

I didn't have my vid either...
We'll be back that way in 6 mos ... if not earlier!

I may be back around austin about 10/30 with a bunch of Mach1s. New Best Buy in RR & then cruise to the Sonic & then car show off Braker & 1431 (i think).

99TexasZ

Established Member
Well the best I have pulled off in the quarter is a 12.8 at 104 with a 1.78 60'. Anyway though I will be on the look out for you and the mach's for sure. I hope my Z28 will be out of the shop by then, I hit a deer. Im getting a SS hood out of it though so im happy. I will have the camera ready next time, plus im about to get one of those window suction mount's for it so maybe we can get a good video and post it up on here.

Users who are viewing this thread