9.3 in my c5Z n/a

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
First off, that's a badass car for sure. Secondly, that's an outstanding ET for trapping 142mph!

03cobrarocks

Established Member
freaking sick! Am I missing something tho no spray? Just a heads/cam bolt on car? I know horsepower doesnt mean everything but do you even have over 550 rwhp?

Not trying to be a douche or anything im just a little confused...

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
That's funny.

I got pulled over in my town for having a plate cover and the cop told me if I kept it off no one would bother anymore. They've been cool ever since.

that's funny cause i get pulled over for not having the front plate

3K-Terminator

Established Member
That's funny.

I got pulled over in my town for having a plate cover and the cop told me if I kept it off no one would bother anymore. They've been cool ever since.

I recently got a ticket for no front plate on my Terminator. And to top it all off I wasn't running any mufflers on my car at the time, but he gave me a ticket for no front plate. I would have rather taken a noise pulution. That was some f--ken :bs:.
F--ken asshole cop, I hate motorcycle cops!:fm:

HOSTIL

Established Member
Damn bad ass car you got there!

I remember back when I bought my 91 GT brand new and hangin on the street scene! A 13.50 street car was feared!, I got a 13 second minivan! Now we live in a day where you know several 9 and 10 second domestic and imports!! And 11 second cars are the norm??? We've grown up BIG!

Just built a new motor 388ci and have been working my et down.
New best is 9.33 but I have now maxed out the stock pcm as it is cutting off fuel at 8000rpms. My peak power is around 8500. So if I can figure out a way to buzz this thing to 9000rpms it will go a few tenths faster.
Best mph is 147+. The car is perfectly streetable too. We have it idling at 600 right now.
I'll get some videos up soon.

03 Z --street car
tfs 245 heads
custom roller cam
Jesel valvetrain
American racing headers
stock suspension w/ qa1 shocks
25" hoosier drag radial

Robz

Established Member
freaking sick! Am I missing something tho no spray? Just a heads/cam bolt on car? I know horsepower doesnt mean everything but do you even have over 550 rwhp?

Not trying to be a douche or anything im just a little confused...

My old setup was H/C/I and I made ~460rwhp corrected on a Mustang dyno.
It was the original 346ci. stock bottom end motor. Car ran best 9.93 and 138.80mph

New setup is a 388ci. that I put together with alot of trick parts.
This setup has made 614rwhp on the same dyno and is not dialed in yet.
I still have to dial in intake runner length and figure out a way to buzz the motor to 9000 rpms.without affecting driveability/streetability and spending too much $. I would estimate around 630rwhp on Mustang dyno when optimized.

Robz

Established Member
that's funny cause i get pulled over for not having the front plate

The cops want to see that front plate. It helps them and if it makes it safer for them I'll conform. Sometimes they pull you over to check out the car too.
When I got pulled over the guy didn't even care I had no cats at the time and told me to remove the front cover, then spent 15 minutes more asking me about the car. The guy was pretty cool.

Robz

Established Member
Nasty, I love the ITB who made it, do you have bigger pics?

Harrop, an Australian company. Needless to say it took me months to tune it, calibrate it, and get it to physically fit in the vehicle. It is driven by EFI too which was what I wanted.
I'll take some more pictures.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
My old setup was H/C/I and I made ~460rwhp corrected on a Mustang dyno.
It was the original 346ci. stock bottom end motor. Car ran best 9.93 and 138.80mph

New setup is a 388ci. that I put together with alot of trick parts.
This setup has made 614rwhp on the same dyno and is not dialed in yet.
I still have to dial in intake runner length and figure out a way to buzz the motor to 9000 rpms.without affecting driveability/streetability and spending too much $. I would estimate around 630rwhp on Mustang dyno when optimized.

o ok thanks for the info! I honestly didnt know you could make that much power with out a power adder or a huge motor :eek:

sounds like a sweet setup tho! You ever suprise any c6z06 owners that think your car is "old" lol that would be fun!

Robz

Established Member
o ok thanks for the info! I honestly didnt know you could make that much power with out a power adder or a huge motor :eek:

sounds like a sweet setup tho! You ever suprise any c6z06 owners that think your car is "old" lol that would be fun!

Thanks guys.

I hang with alot of vette racers mostly late model c5 and c6's cars.
Most already know my car so I don't get alot of challenges.

My buddy has a very fast c6Z that we have already run 10.34 with only bolt on mods. (stock heads/cam/bottom end).
We should be able to cut another .2 off his et in the next few weeks.

jf4boogie

Established Member
Maybe I overlooked it, but what kind of beefing up have you done to the diff/tranny? Stock gearing?

Robz

Established Member
Maybe I overlooked it, but what kind of beefing up have you done to the diff/tranny? Stock gearing?

I have 4.10 gears with one hardened left output shaft.
I posted earlier that I have 2 different transmissions.
1 faceplated- best for racing
1 synchronized m6

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
That is a bad ass set up! Congreats on the times/performance!:beer:

Its called a NASTY set up with top notch heads and valvetrain! 8000+ RPM FTW!

crystal_SVT

Established Member
what is the weight of this car?? 9's with only 460 rwhp is kind of a stretch unless you have seriously lightened this car up.. my 339 lx weighs in at 3000 with me in it and put down 409 on a mustang dyno and has done a best of 10.8 at 125. im not doubting just curious an kudos to you :)

Robz

Established Member
what is the weight of this car?? 9's with only 460 rwhp is kind of a stretch unless you have seriously lightened this car up.. my 339 lx weighs in at 3000 with me in it and put down 409 on a mustang dyno and has done a best of 10.8 at 125. im not doubting just curious an kudos to you :)

When I ran 9.98 with the old setup, stock bottom end 346ci. it was 3188lbs.

It's all in the magazine article from GMHTPerformance May 2009.
We even did a teardown at the drag strip to show stock bore and no power adder.

Users who are viewing this thread