9.5 Aluminator/Hellion twins/HPtuner software results

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
aluminator.jpg
Here are my objective results. DYNOCOM eddy-current dyno. Similar to the Mustang dyno everyone is familiar with. E85. Baseline run on 7000 mile stock engine was 555/520 on 6.9 psi @ 2250 DA. Installed the low compression aluminator and dyno'd the car as is. MY results where: Same exact boost, DA 2420 and 480HP and 465 torque. Here are a few facts to consider. Engine had 3 heat cycles, simply letting the car idle up to temp and turning off. Had to do a KAM reset at the last minute and then let her rip on 6.9 psi. Don't know if the new/tight engine had anything to do with the power loss. I did notice that my logs were showing much richer with the exact same tune on the aluminator, maybe someone smarter than I could elaborate as to why. We then switched to the HP tuning software and simply copied my base tune out of SCT. (thanks to 04Sleeper for all of the SCT help this last year!) 8.5 psi run, 11 psi run, 14 psi run, and the final run was at 16 psi. Yucky pic, but it is HP 835@6100 and TQ 731/@5950. Car has ID 1000's with a twin 465 Fore return system but still running the stock fuel rails. Car was also run with all of the exhaust on, as I have not gotten any cutouts put in yet. We DID make MAF/Scaling/timing/fuel adjustments after each run. The final run of the night was the one above. I think I will stop here and let this aluminator enjoy a long and happy life. Admin, please put this in appropriate forum if needed?

Last edited:

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Great peak numbers! What rpm do those turbos spool at? Surprised by the lower power rpms.

I am not sure of that either. He mentioned something about the load settings on the dyno. He said, "I can turn up the load, but it will only make you make more power all the way around on this turbo car." I said, no I'm good. :dancenana: On the street they spool instantly, at the track the stock converter holds me back a tad.

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I was considering a turbo at one time. I was told the valve springs may need to be upgraded to make power at higher rpm... This May or may not be true, but something for you to research...

Awesome #'s

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Glad to see you finally got the motor in! Now I need to make a trip up to go for a ride so I know what to expect when I get my motor! :burnout:

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
I was considering a turbo at one time. I was told the valve springs may need to be upgraded to make power at higher rpm... This May or may not be true, but something for you to research...

Awesome #'s

My car has always fallen off a tad after 6 or so. It's my tune, but at the same time, it turns on like an electric motor from 3 to 6500 rpm, which tends to abuse the car in the next lane. I have an auto, so you can imagine what happens when the car is in the 5500-7000 range for 10 seconds. I would love to get a curve like other Hellion cars, just no SCT tuning help from anyone here in okc. And i don't like buying locked email order tunes. That's why I switched to HP, it makes sense to me. I have the boss valve springs and didn't run into any valve float at 16 psi. Graph should look better once 04sleeper starts to play with this HPtuner software.;)

Last edited:

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Great peak numbers! What rpm do those turbos spool at? Surprised by the lower power rpms.

Found out that my car needed the cam pickup thingamajiggy reset by the ford dealer. Got that done and it's a whole new animal down low. Oh, well. Guess this whole thread is useless. Will do a corrected dyno run soon. Administrator, save some server space.. you can delete this whole thread..lol

cb900f

Established Member
Found out that my car needed the cam pickup thingamajiggy reset by the ford dealer. Got that done and it's a whole new animal down low. Oh, well. Guess this whole thread is useless. Will do a corrected dyno run soon. Administrator, save some server space.. you can delete this whole thread..lol
Interesting to hear. Don't delete, update it when you get the new graph.

Congrats!

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
An update, kinda. The reset by the Ford dealer was only a fake fix, just a seat of the pants placebo effect for me I guess. The car still didn't have anything down low compared to the stock engine. After fighting the P0345 and P0349 codes for 2 weeks. After having 2 different local Ford techs diagnose, and countless hours of research on why my cams would not advance, I was about to just throw a match in the car. Had a Mitsubishi Evo friend come over, and WHALLA!! In 2 minutes, he diagnosed it. My Bank 2 (drivers side), Circuit A (intake) Cam Angle Sensor in the BACK of the engine was at fault. All advice has been pointing to the front Cam Phasers... Stole one from the stock coyote, and what do ya know... I now have some cam advance and no check engine light. Hasn't been back on the dyno, but needless to say, It has picked up! Thanks to Blazer707 for his advice. He also knew what was wrong, I just didn't seek his advice in time!

Last edited:

D.T.R

Established Member
What you are seeing right there on that graph is valve float. My TT aluminator started doing the same above 850whp... i think you having full exhaust also may not help so you probably experienced this issue at a lower boost level than mine...
We ended up making 950whp @ 16psi through the automatic on JPC's dyno... but yeah anything above 850whp the car would start falling some on the higher RPMs.

Users who are viewing this thread