9 second street car, gear bangin grudge race: 99 Camaro SS vs 96 Cobra

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
Last thursday me and one of the quicker local street cars finally lined up at the track (ls2bait on most forums).

His SS:
416 ls3
TFS heads
T56
200 shot (atleast;-) )
28" slicks
made 720+ on a local dyno
pretty much a full weight show car " been in GMHTP and Super Chevy)
best pass 9.90@140 (10.01 was his best this night before our race)

My 96
Terminator swapped (stock longblock)
KB2.8h @ 25psi
T56
28" slicks
677 on same dyno same day
Not quite full weight and DEFINATELY not a show car:D
Best pass has been 9.74@142 (10.01 was also my best this night so far)

All in all we are pretty evenly matched up and it has been a long anticipated race. There has been minimal smack talk, just sonme good fun. I'm pretty sure there is some pretty good mutual respect here:beer:

It was a VERY close race up until about the 1/8th, and..............I'll let the vids tell the story

The first one is Not safe for work due to the language in the music:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upiaxENpSQI"]YouTube- MPE331lx vs LS2bait[/nomedia]

This was obvious that this vid came from his crew:dw: :
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAhuG4uki18"]YouTube- ls2bait vs. mpe331lx[/nomedia]

And another one from down in the stands a little further:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mydm4TO2KJ0"]YouTube- Tommy vs Phil[/nomedia]

Last edited:

ls2bait

Established Member
Last thursday me and one of the quicker local street cars finally lined up at the track (ls2bait on most forums).

His SS:
416 ls3
TFS heads
T56
200 shot (atleast;-) )
28" slicks
made 720+ on a local dyno
pretty much a full weight show car " been in GMHTP and Super Chevy)
best pass 9.90@140 (10.01 was his best this night before our race)

its a 200 shot phil :) i promise. you are close on the best. its a 9.86@142. and yes its full weight....plus a whale. lol. 3750 actually without me in it. i wish we had run that out the back door...it was very close. i saw you in the corner of my eye up until it slid on you. i honestly thought you missed a gear. cant wait to do it again in some better conditions when both cars are 100%

mpe331lx

Mine's stock too
Established Member
its a 200 shot phil :) i promise. you are close on the best. its a 9.86@142. and yes its full weight....plus a whale. lol. 3750 actually without me in it. i wish we had run that out the back door...it was very close. i saw you in the corner of my eye up until it slid on you. i honestly thought you missed a gear. cant wait to do it again in some better conditions when both cars are 100%

Good shit man!

Little by little we are going to force each other into running 8's:beer:......with a t56:rockon:

deec73

Established Member
Gotta love the dummy yelling out "smoked his ass" when it appeared the Mustang was winning until he about wrecked and had to let off lol.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Haha "smoked his ass" What an idiot, he must be blind... Good runs guys! And great sportsmanship on both sides

ls2bait

Established Member
they were pretty much even. i saw him out the corner of my eye the whole time. i havent seen his slip though.

Users who are viewing this thread