90 & 100mm idler pulleys

Reisjsr

Established Member
Sup y’all I don’t care if this is stupid. It’s a mystery!

Can anyone tell me what size idler pulley is on a coyote 5.0 stock? I am switching to a 79mm pulley pretty soon and also want to upgrade my idler. Can I run the 90 or 100 or what?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
You can run either the 90 or 100 on these cars. If you run the 100 you will have to do some grinding. I believe the 100 is only recommended for 69mm pulley set ups and smaller. As for the stock idler size I don't have that info.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Reisjsr

Established Member
Thanks bro. Been looking for info like crazy. My 79mm pulley is coming in tomorrow and didn’t know if there’s belt slip issues with the stock idler and 79

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
As long as you have the proper belt length and its tensioned correctly you will be fine with standard pulley that came with your VMP kit. In my opinion if I was going to run anything under a 75mm I would add the bigger idler, and anything under a 69mm you will more than likely need to convert to an 8 rib set up. Best of luck.

Thanks bro. Been looking for info like crazy. My 79mm pulley is coming in tomorrow and didn’t know if there’s belt slip issues with the stock idler and 79

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread