900+HP Turbo K20 swapped MR2 vs THE WORLD - TT Gallardo,GT500,Hayabusa,ZX14R, and mor

mr2cam

Established Member
[video=youtube_share;PRwZqJU_9_Q]http://youtu.be/PRwZqJU_9_Q[/video]

Seems to be a popular swap, I know that HUX racing makes a motor mount kit for this swap now.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Badass ride for sure. No doubt it's fast. I just wish more of those races were even starts. MR2 started out in front on most of them and the hit makes a huge difference.

mr2cam

Established Member
meh....lthey just took a bunch of old races and threw them together in one video.

I believe this is a different MR2, the other one had the exhaust going through the back emblem.

rem177

Established Member
I believe this is a different MR2, the other one had the exhaust going through the back emblem.

There may be two...but I believe this is the main one that has been kicking ass and taking names for the past year in FL. I have definitely seen all of those races uploaded before.

mr2cam

Established Member
The other one also had an air to air intercooler, this one has a water 2 air.

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
More info on car/pics?

Wonder how much $ this guy has in that build. Badass car. Wonder what trans/rear end he's using to handle that power

You can buy a N/A MR2 for next to nothing. Would be a fun car to put together if costs could be kept reasonable

mr2cam

Established Member
More info on car/pics?

Wonder how much $ this guy has in that build. Badass car. Wonder what trans/rear end he's using to handle that power

You can buy a N/A MR2 for next to nothing. Would be a fun car to put together if costs could be kept reasonable

I don't know much about Honda builds but I heard they can be a little expensive because the blocks need to be sleeved, other then that im not sure, looks like fun though.

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Ultimate sleeper. I love the video of the original one that had the exhaust running thru the center of the trunk.

mr2cam

Established Member
^^ here you go

[video=youtube;FghHghOaypM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FghHghOaypM[/video]

LightningTeg

Established Member
More info on car/pics?

For this much power, Im sure much less then the other cars hes racing in this video.

Its mid engine, i cant remember if its a 5 speed or 6 speed, but its got an Albins gear set, LSD etc.

I don't know much about Honda builds but I heard they can be a little expensive because the blocks need to be sleeved, other then that im not sure, looks like fun though.

Its about $1000 to sleeve a block, but this car is running a stock cast block with forged internals and a stock head lol.

HandBanana

Established Member
For this much power, Im sure much less then the other cars hes racing in this video.
Its about $1000 to sleeve a block, but this car is running a stock cast block with forged internals and a stock head lol.

Agreed. There's less than half in that MR2 than what there is invested in those Vettes, let alone the damn Lambo.

Built bottom end Ks are no joke, all you really need to make big power but sleeved blocks are like an insurance policy. You can throw insane boost levels at those things.

mr2cam

Established Member

Its mid engine, i cant remember if its a 5 speed or 6 speed, but its got an Albins gear set, LSD etc.

Holy shit, that is nuts

Users who are viewing this thread