91 LX

Yangman SVT

Established Member
What does a 91 LX 5 speed run in 1/4 mile?
114,000 miles on it.
cam,h-pipe,intake, stock gear
I think theres a bigger throttle body and mass air meter but he is claiming there isnt one. (BS)

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
with my bone stock motor and a tremec 3550 and 3.08 gearsi ran a 14.5. motor was out of a 95 gt though with 40 grand on the clock and street tires 245/45/16

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
When my 91LX was factory stock, it ran 14.70's@about 94.5mph. I bought it new, so I'm certain there were no mods at the time. It was an AOD... With just a silencer (baffle) removed and 3.55's, it ran 14.30's once I learned how to launch without wheelspin and learned when to shift.

I eventually swapped that out for a T-5, thanks to burning up 3 AOD's with high speed crap... Anyway, that ran 13.80's BUT, I had 3.73's, removed baffle, 2 pulleys and awesome launch capabilites, due to much practice. I swapped the cam, intake, rockers and headers eventually. With regular tires, it ran low 13's and with ET Drags, my best (stock heads, ported) with those other mods, was 12.62@106mph

Those days are long gone now, and I kinda miss 'em....cause racin' was CHEAP back then!

The quickest "no mods" 91 (or 89-93 for that matter) I saw, ran 13.15 though... uh huh... 13.15@101mph... There's a trick, of course. The guy removed the belt (totally) and the baffle and the car was ordered with 3.27's, no stereo system and no A/C. That's what he said anyway. I just know I saw the run and went... :dw: :eek: :cuss: :cryying: and congratulated him... I was amazed to see that, in 1992. He also had major seat time in other Mustangs by then and today, is well known for breaking shifters in 5 speed cars!! :-D He coulda been fibbin' about the mods but.. eh, that was then. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread