91 octane Predator tune works great with regular....

jordanvraptor

Established Member
Well here in Oregon we can't pump our own gas cause we're stoopid or something....:shrug: Anyways I tell the kid "Fill Premium" and he repeats it back to me. I get distracted and then look over and he has pumped 8 gallons of 87 regular into my tank. :fm: Well I top it off with 3 gallons of Premium 92, so I figure I have a 50/50 mix of 87 and 92 which since I'm a stoopid Oregonian takes me a while to figure out I'm now running 89.5 octane gas....:nonono: I bitch, moan, and complain to the other kid in charge. By the way, I'm 36, so everyone under 25 is a "kid" to me nowadays. Well the other guy gives me the $18 of regular for free and I pay $6 for the about 3 gallons of Premium. So, I end up getting 11 gallons of gas for $6. Not a bad transaction if you don't count the risk of roasted pistons. :bored: Fortunately, I have the Predator and I load up the 91 octane tune. :idea: Well, I datalog it and listen for pinging and find that at WOT it doesn't go more than 16 degrees of timing and couldn't detect even the slightest pinging. :rockon: The bad news is, my pullied Cobra will now feel slightly faster than stock for about a week until I burn off this unholy octane union.... :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread