92 Sho 3.0 5speed tranny will not go! Help

jamessims

Established Member
Just picked up a 92 SHO from a buddy who has let the car sit at his moms house for over let's say 7yrs maybe more. I put a battery in her and she fired right up no problems until we tried to move her down the road to my house we made it there but the car would not engage... She was creeping along... We didn't smell clutch or anything to indicate slipping she just would not go... The clutch cable seem to be engaging it has the stock quadrant which we thought it could be the problem but I am a Stang guy I am new to the SHO any advice would be great and quickly so I can get this car back on the road!! If you would rather talk to me let me know I'll send u my number!! - James

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
What's the history of the car?
Why was it parked?
When you say 'creeping' do you mean it was moving very slowly under its own power?
Make any noises?

jamessims

Established Member
History on the car? No known issues when parked I know this for sure because I have wanted this ca since my buddy parked it. He only parked it because he bought a new stang and took the insurance off this one. No noises heard I was standing and walking by the car when were attempted to move it from his house to my house. Yes it was slowly moving under it's own power le me remind you it is a 5 speed. It was almost like it wasn't fully re engaging...

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Are you sure its a tranny issue and not an engine issue? Does it idle correctly?

jamessims

Established Member
Tell me how it could be an engine issue if the engine is running and it's in gear and the clutch pedal is released I am curious to know....Not being sarcastic just frustrated and you might be onto something so I would like to hear it...

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I was just curious....
Does it go into gear easily? Check the MTX fluid?
The differential on the cars are a weak link, hence why I asked if there were any noises. IIRC, you adjust the clutch quadrant just like a Mustang by pulling up on the pedal.

Its been 8 years since I've owned my last my SHO. Unfortunately, I'm not much more help. If you haven't already, you might check out SHOforum.com for alot more detailed info.

Users who are viewing this thread