92 SHO, runs nice, needs minor stuff, $1250, NJ

Venom1320

Banned by Bacon
Established Member
Selling my 92 SHO MTX, I've been driving it daily and will continue to do so until it sells.

The good: It has 139k miles but runs really well, all the major mechanicals are GREAT. It's red w/tan interior, pretty damn fast too! Believe it or not I just beat an S2000 and a N/A 300ZX really badly with it! I have the original owners manual, window sticker, dealer paperwork, dealer cards, etc. The first owner was a Ford technician who was obsessive with the car; I have receipts for $2500 in aftermarket and maintenance parts since 2000. AC blows cold, HVAC controls work, sunroof works, cruise works, everything important on the car works great. Previous owner did a tune up just before I got it and also had a clutch put in 15k ago. He said the original owner did all the major maintenance (timing belt/etc) just prior to him getting it 2 years ago.

Mods: JET ECU upgrade(chip), aftermarket clutch, Dynomax exhaust, high flow cats, aluminum flywheel, cold air intake, Vortech mass air meter, underdrive pulleys, short throw shifter, Eibach springs, Tokico struts on all 4 corners, indiglo gauges(not wired up), recent plugs/wires, new tie rod ends, and I’m probably forgetting some stuff.

The bad: It's not a show car, the last owner hit a small deer which dented the front left corner of the hood and fender, has a new hood and fender but they don't match(they're even actual SHO body panels), everything lines up fine though, no major damage, body is pretty straight besides that and a few small blemishes, NO rust, trunk is gutted(why is anyone's guess), has a crack in the windshield because the hood slid back and hit it when he hit the deer(not horrible and it’s in the lower corner), interior is decent but has typical wear of a 92(tears in front seats, etc), it needs an exhaust flex-pipe(I can have this done for buyer for only a little extra), passenger rear window doesn't work(needs a switch, $30), needs a turn signal switch($20 max from a junkyard), and that's about it. Really no big deal even if you're slightly mechanically inclined.

$1500 with the exhaust fixed and drive it home, will negotiate as it sits, would like to sell soon since I need money right now. E-mail is [email protected] and is the best way to contact me becuase I don't check back often. Thanks!

Last edited:

Venom1320

Banned by Bacon
Established Member
ttt, driving it daily now, runs really decent. Someone's got to want a cool project car...

Venom1320

Banned by Bacon
Established Member
bump...wtf, i know it's worth it. Someone buy it and drive it home!

I'm putting in new tie-rod ends soon and I can even have it inspected for the buyer. It doesn't get any better for $1250...I don't even think you can buy a running car for that anymore.

Venom1320

Banned by Bacon
Established Member
bump, updated the ad, more description of the parts and everything, it's a solid car, someone come take a look!

04cobra13

Established Member
man if u were local id be all over that thing...even have the money!!!...how much to ship to california???>.

Venom1320

Banned by Bacon
Established Member
man if u were local id be all over that thing...even have the money!!!...how much to ship to california???>.

Probably almost what I'm asking, LOL! I've gotten quotes a while back for about $850-1k

Venom1320

Banned by Bacon
Established Member
I have to get at least $1250 for it. You find a place to ship it at your budget and I'll gladly make sure I'm around to help them load it.

Users who are viewing this thread