93.5 Supra vs. 600cc 6R??

Y2KSVT

Established Member
A buddy of mine calls me up Saturday, tells me he's taking the Supra out and for me to meet up with him. We go to the usual hangout and meet up with some more friends. Not a whole lot going on, when a Silver 94 Supra drives by. So we decide to play a little cat & mouse to see if we can't catch up with him. We end up in a turn lane behind 3 crotch rockets, all looking pretty new, and somewhat done up(sorry for my ignorance, I know nothing about bikes). But my buddy works for R&D and sells bikes, equipment, etc. So he's rattling off all the parts that this one particular bike has done. We turn, the bikes are OFF! We catch back up with them at the next light, side by side. I give my buddy the ol' "on green, you're going for it" routine. After a little bit of coaxing, he bites. Light goes green, and we're off! Surprisingly it's a dead heat off the line, and at about 60mph we're pulling slightly. Had probably 1/2 car at 120 before we both shut down. The guy on the bike stopped at the next light to give props. It was definitely a fun ride, and look forward to more of it this summer.

BTW, the Supra dyno'd at 543RWHP last year, and is over in Chicago getting an upgraded fuel system and tune. It has the automatic tranny. I don't know all the details on the car, other than he is running a single turbo (SG? 57?). He said it's pretty much the largest turbo you want to run before upgrading fuel systems.

Mark

Last edited:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
What is the point of this post? Are you asking a question? You kinda trailed off the supra part then went back to it later. Did you race a supra? Are you going to race a supra?

Indykid

Established Member
Y2KSVT said:
BTW, the Supra dyno'd at 543RWHP last year, I don't know all the details on the car, other than he is running a single turbo (SG? 57?). He said it's pretty much the largest turbo you want to run before upgrading fuel systems.

Mark

If he made 543 that was race gas. If he is still on stock fuel he will be limited to 500rwhp. A turbo size does not correlate to after marker fuel systems however it will determine lag.

malicali

Established Member
sounds like an SP57...

though i agree with indys comment about 500 being the max power youd be getting on a stock fuel...all kinds of larger turbos can be used on stock fuel systems, such as the ever popular T78...which there are lots of guys using that on stock fuel to around 500whp and is also MUCH larger than an SP57 which is actually one of the smallest turbos out there for a single turbo supra..

-mike

Users who are viewing this thread