93 cobra $11,000- Z06 $55,000....look on his face... priceless lmfao!

NotSoTame

Established Member
this isnt exactly a 100% kill but i know i left a new z06 owner wondering where the hell the 40 grand diffrence is, i was stoped at a light when a new red z06 pulls next to me, gives it somes revs lol sounds retarded and then he just blows away when the light turns, now im not saying for a sec my car is comparible becouse i know the vett will out handle out stop and out run my car anyday but it also costs 40 grand more and is almsot 10 years newer, anyways so the next light comes up and he does is gay pipe thing, i have my g/f with so i already have another un needed disadnatage, but im getting anoyed with this guy so when the light turns green i just launch and i lauched very hard, he must not have expected it becouse with in no time i was out by 5 car lenghts or so he finally comes up and were doing about 70 now theres a s in the road and well i knew the area and knew i could take it at the speed so i just held solid thru the corners with the vett, we come to another stop, this time he knows im goan go for it, he rolls down his window and i yell why bother you got you got 400 hp i dont have a chance he kinda gives me this o well look and the light tunrs and we go he scoots of away pretty easly, at the next light i say why dont we make it a little more even and turn off your traction control so hes agrees and when the light turns i launch perfict very little spin but perficlty get it up to wot and then shift and i can see him just slippin around back there like hes on ice lol, i have him all the way to about 95 then he pulls past pretty good, now i know i didnt win and i know i wouldnt at the track but the look on his face when he went by was worth a million bucks, he blows thrue the next light and i never see him agin, im 18 and going to school so i cant really afford to put to much into my car but id say within the next year ill have him at 95 and everything after that, cant wait for the rematch, isnt the zo6 suposed to be gm's fastest car? well im not seeing it performing 40 grand better and i dont think he is eather, man did he look pissed lol :D

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
HEHHE great story gotta love a cocky arrogant guy

BTW GM's fastest car is this ..............

wZ83614.jpg

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
HEHHE great story gotta love a cocky arrogant guy

BTW GM's fastest car is this ..............

wZ83614.jpg

yeah, zach i read about that kill you had....lol

what wuz that, a viper?

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by foreverford
Great story man!;-) Im ready to read more:read:
:xpl: GM:bash: :D

me too, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of good kills on here lately....i guess i could post about the eclipse i was messin w/ yesterday......aha! look for new thread!

cyaford

Established Member
Good run! Yeah, that guy will be pissed alot in the future. Wait until he runs into a Civic that smokes him. If the guy just wants to go fast, he should've bought something else and modded it. Anything can be made to go fast. In CA, the Z06s run $55K and higher. In good 'ol TN, I picked one up for $46K plus 2.9%. Wait until you run into a Cobra R. You should get similiar results. The one I saw last year in Ohio had a $83K window sticker!!!!.... One more thing. I'm pretty sure the C5 is GMs "fastest" car. They top out at 175mph while the Z06 tops out at 167mph. The Z06 was made to run on a road course so most of the power is in the first 3 gears.........

NotSoTame

Established Member
when i ment fastest i was talking about acceleration more then top speed, your just not going to hit 175 or 167 from a stop light but i did run my friends 01 6 speed but he used the traction control, it was not a good out come, i think the only reason i even played with the Z06 was the fact that he had so much more power and i dont think he really had any experiacne launching it with out the t/c on i know if my friend tony was driving it with or with out the t/c it would have been sad, i love fords but im not affraid to admit when someone els builds a awsome car and i went for a ride in tonys 01 and god it pulls so hard in every gear its just non stop all the way to 170 wich by the way is kinda scary on a country road but they have killer brakes to so it turned out fine well, sweet car i wish i had the money to buy every car i liekd id forsure have one of those, but i cant stand those rims they look like they have brake dust on them but o well its all about if you like the car right? later

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by cyaford
Good run! Yeah, that guy will be pissed alot in the future. Wait until he runs into a Civic that smokes him. If the guy just wants to go fast, he should've bought something else and modded it. Anything can be made to go fast. In CA, the Z06s run $55K and higher. In good 'ol TN, I picked one up for $46K plus 2.9%. Wait until you run into a Cobra R. You should get similiar results. The one I saw last year in Ohio had a $83K window sticker!!!!.... One more thing. I'm pretty sure the C5 is GMs "fastest" car. They top out at 175mph while the Z06 tops out at 167mph. The Z06 was made to run on a road course so most of the power is in the first 3 gears.........
Hey have you done anything to your impy ss?? Got any pics??

would love to see if you do!!

-zach

cyaford

Established Member
notsotame: Sorry man, I should've knowned you meant "quickest." I used to say "faster" when referring to someone getting beat in a street race and everyone would correct me. Damn, now I'm one of them! :sad

sohowcome: I haven't done jack to the SS. It's all stock. I even have the "home plate" under the hood. Can't really afford to mod it right now. I was wanting to let MTI do some work on it, but they e-mailed me back and said they would have to do a tad bit more work since I have over 130K miles on it. I decided to get a new car instead and found the deal on the Z06 I couldn't pass up. I have a few pics of the SS at the site below, along with some other pics including my '00 Coupe which was sold a while back. There's even some fast Fords mixed in.........

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1618741&a=12750880&f=0

Oops, I almost forgot. What all have you done to your SS? Thanks!

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Sweet ass Z06!!! yummy............ You going to drag the z06, see how fast it can go??? I kinda like tha home plate look, deffinetly unique........ You going to do anyting wild with the vette?? NOS maybe :) heheh

1996 Chevy Impala SS 350 LT-1, Procharger Supercharger w/ 8 PSI Modifications: 3.73 gear, 52MM throttle body, LT1 aluminum head motor, 2-1/4" flow master with cross over, Hypertech Power Programer Plus, SLP headers, SLP cold air induction, K&N dual fiters, 1.6 Rocker arms, aluminum drive shaft

Best time 1/4 12.875 @ 110.5

wZ83614.jpg

cyaford

Established Member
Sweet SS. I wish I could do something to mine now. Maybe next year. I may take to Z06 to the strip once or twice just to see what I can do with it. My main plan is to go to road courses in the area and get involved with that. At the Nashville Super Speedway, they have a few NASA events during the summer that attracts lots of Vipers, Porches, NXS, and a few other high $$$ cars. I can't wait to mix it up with those cars. I plan on remaining stock for a while. Later........

cyaford

Established Member
00CONVGT: You'd be surprised at how many people can't launch. One of my first visits to the track netted me a 14.8 with my '00 C5. My back end was dancing all over the track. If you ever see a Viper on the street, race him from a stop. You'll probably eat him up until about 70 or so, UNLESS he knows how to drive. Of course this applies to Vette owners also. IMO, most guys that buy these cars never track them, so they do not know how to launch properly..................

cyaford

Established Member
I'm sure that most Viper owners do indeed know how to drive, but I'd still like my chances against one from a dead stop, as opposed to taking on one from a roll.

Users who are viewing this thread