'93 Cobra CD option

CO9B3RA

Established Member
Does anyone know where a person can find a working '93 CD? Am wanting to
add this option to my #629 which, at present, has the AM/FM cassete.
I'll try anything but ebay. Thanks!

Speedfreek

Established Member
Basically the CD players are junk. I've had several and they all do something funny, two of mine if there isn't a cd in the slot it will ocasionally search for a cd, and switch back from radio to cd, if there is a cd in it it is fine.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Speedfreek said:
Basically the CD players are junk. I've had several and they all do something funny, two of mine if there isn't a cd in the slot it will ocasionally search for a cd, and switch back from radio to cd, if there is a cd in it it is fine.

Yeah, that's what all of the '93 CD players I have had did too. I always kept a not so important CD in the slot so it would not shuffle back and forth.

A few months ago on ebay I saw a couple of perfect '93CD players bring $500 each. I came very close to pulling mine out of my two low mileage cobras and putting them up on ebay.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I've been hunting ebay for a while for one as well. So Brandon/Lee - got any used ones you want to get rid of?

Daryl - yeah, I saw those OEM NOS CD's going for big money as well. I want a used one, myself. Just like the factory unit, and play an occasional CD...

Speedfreek

Established Member
Richard, I found a couple at the local salvage yard here they aren't out of a Cobra but they will work for our application, they just don't have the bracket on the bottom for the little storage hole under the radio, but you can make it work with some double sided tape. I think they had 2 or so let me know if you want me to get one for you. Later

CO9B3RA

Established Member
'93 Cd

What year Mustang are you finding the CD player? Other than the bracket,
this is just a plug-in, electrically speaking? Maybe, with the right year, I could find something here in Az. :coolman:

coupe5.0

Established Member
i happened to save one out of a 95 ford truck, the trim around the faceplate is a little thicker but everything else is the same. My car had cd player that had issues so i took the face off of it and put it on the good one....

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
If you are not worried about the bracket for the cubby hole then you can get one out of a 93 Mustang (of course), 93-97 Probe, 93-96 F150 PU, 93-96 Taurus, 93-97 Contour, 93-97 Ranger/Explorer and the Mercury/Lincoln products of the same vintage. They all have the same face plate and the same hook up i.e. 1 long plug for power, 1 small metal plug that sends the signal to the amp. for the speakers, and 1 antenna plug.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
cobra186 said:
If you are not worried about the bracket for the cubby hole then you can get one out of a 93 Mustang (of course), 93-97 Probe, 93-96 F150 PU, 93-96 Taurus, 93-97 Contour, 93-97 Ranger/Explorer and the Mercury/Lincoln products of the same vintage. They all have the same face plate and the same hook up i.e. 1 long plug for power, 1 small metal plug that sends the signal to the amp. for the speakers, and 1 antenna plug.

yep. that's what I did. Bought one off ebay for $125 5 years ago. It lasted until August of 03. Then I upgraded everything and added a little bump in the trunk :thumbsup:

Removed the spare tire and built a custom fiberglass box to put one MTX 12" sub. I be jamming now :coolman:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
Me wonders how that will get you around curves quicker? :lol:

More weight on the ass :-D

Jim, I will try and get a pic to you within the next couple of days (or put a few up on my website)

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
More weight on the ass :-D

Jim, I will try and get a pic to you within the next couple of days (or put a few up on my website)
Great!

I like to take road trips and you can't hear the stock radio very well with the windows down on the Interstate. Dang, I just forgot. I'm about to have a kid! Can (or should) a kid ride in the back seat with the windows down? My First Child owners manual is in the mail. :kaboom:

Tank5879

Established Member
My buddy gave me the one out of his 98 svt contour, and its worked great for two years...the volume up/down is a bit worn, and it doesn't have a clock, but the only thing i had to do was take or top or bottom panel and swap it with the one from the cassette player to make it fit. hey, do guys know if the faceplate for sale on ebay occasionally would work on this??(speaking of worn buttons!!) thanks.

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
is it possible to replace the display glass on these?
mine does that stupid searching for the cd when not installed thing too :(

Users who are viewing this thread