93 Cobra on Ebay

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Looks to be a pretty clean car. A lot of guys start them low with no reserve. There's a good chance of someone getting a good deal (if he doesn't end it early).

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Just a bit over 10K, not bad. Thats a bit more than I expected, but still probably a fair price. It sure makes me feel a little better about the deal I got on mine.

scootro

Established Member
Kevins89notch said:
Just a bit over 10K, not bad. Thats a bit more than I expected, but still probably a fair price. It sure makes me feel a little better about the deal I got on mine.
yeah he made some good money on that car w/ 118K miles

~Ray~

Established Member
Nah he didn't sell, talked to the owner & he bid it up for 7k to 10k, said he won't take no less than 11k for it.

scootro

Established Member
~Ray~ said:
Nah he didn't sell, talked to the owner & he bid it up for 7k to 10k, said he won't take no less than 11k for it.

What kind of crap is that? He was bidding on his own auction to hike up the price on his own car!:bs:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
It's called shill bidding I believe, and it's against Ebay policy. However, I know a few people who have done it to get their vehicles where they wanted bid wise.

I don't think it's right either, but it doesn't change the fact that it happens all the time.

Bens4vcobra

On hallowed ground
Established Member
It does happen alot. Ebay has tried to regulate it by tracking ip addresses but that doesnt keep you from doing it from another ip or even getting a friend to do it

fivestangs

Established Member
It's called shill bidding I believe, and it's against Ebay policy. However, I know a few people who have done it to get their vehicles where they wanted bid wise.

I hate assholes that do that...just put a frigging reserve price on it and if people want your stuff bad enough, they'll meet the reserve.

coupe5.0

Established Member
I just sold a street rod for my uncle on ebay and had a guy that bid on it twice to figure out the reserve, then retracted them leaving bogus reasons. I think it hurt the auction because then all 90 some people watching new what the reserve was after it was met for about 8 hours. So I can see why people are trying the no reserve deal.

Users who are viewing this thread