93 Cobra Prices

FoxRodStang

Established Member
I'm lookin at a couple of 93 Cobra's. KBB.com is listing them for around 6500 in excellent condition with 36000 miles as an average. I see them all listed on auto trader.com for anywhere from a 120k mile 8k car up to 22k for a 10,000 miler. I know that there are less than 5000 of them in existance which drives the price up even more. Is kbb wrong in they're listing or somethin? Can anyone give me some more info here? What's a good range for a 93 Cobra with good mileage in excellent shape?

What is the VIN code for cobra?

Thanks,
Blackout

hollant

Stuck In First Gear
Established Member
I just sold a 36000 mile car for $12000 and it took about nine months to do it. It is hard to say what these cars are selling for.

Brian97vobra

Established Member
I swear 93 cobra's are the biggest ripoff ever! I don't know why everyone thinks there worth their weight in gold! I was considering purchasing one until all the ones i saw around $8k had around 120k miles or so. And between $10-12k they all had around 80k miles on them. Screw that!

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Thats called supply and demand. They have the supply and demand you pay alot.

I was checking them out awhile back(last year) and I have seen them range from 14-18k for a low mileage one. Thats 10k-30k miles.

I just couldnt justify it. I was real close to buying a black one with under 15k miles i think it was around 16k. That was a deal compared to the other ones out there. I figured I couldnt modify it much without ruining it, and couldnt drive it much without racking up the miles on a low mileage cobra. So I decided to buy a 4 banger and make it the way I wanted.

Good and bad. I am going to end up spending double on my 4 banger than what that cobra was, but I wont give a sh%t about racking the miles up on it. Then I can take it to the track and have lots of fun.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by BlackoutStang302
I'm lookin at a couple of 93 Cobra's. KBB.com is listing them for around 6500 in excellent condition with 36000 miles as an average. I see them all listed on auto trader.com for anywhere from a 120k mile 8k car up to 22k for a 10,000 miler. I know that there are less than 5000 of them in existance which drives the price up even more. Is kbb wrong in they're listing or somethin? Can anyone give me some more info here? What's a good range for a 93 Cobra with good mileage in excellent shape?

What is the VIN code for cobra?

Thanks,
Blackout
the vin code is p42d, that is the body code for all cobras up till 01.

jleews6

Established Member
I just sold my Teal 93 as roller.I got $11000 for it with no motor or transmission. I had guy's begging me to sell them the car.If I knew then what I know now I would have asked 13000 for it.Remember this was a roller with NO MOTOR or TRANSMISSION.:shrug:

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
A car is worth whatever someone is willing to say "yes" to. Everyone has a different sense of what a good deal is. I think in 20 years if someone has a 1993 Cobra with low miles and great condition, will get a ton of money for it. Especially a '93R.

Users who are viewing this thread