'93 Cobra R question

rxlr8tion

Established Member
We have a 1993 Mustang Cobra R in the family (#105 of 107) and was wondering if there is any truth to the rumor that there were slight differences between the first 100 built and the last 7.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Seeing that the last 7 cars were built later than the first 100 its possible that there might be some very very minor changes. I would think all of the parts and suppliers are the same. The differences could be just a little difference in the paint dob marks done in the conversion process. :shrug:

Mark would be the only guy I know of on here that might be able to give you a definite answer.

Are you going to be selling the 93R anytime soon? How many miles on her? All stock or is it modified?

Welcome to the board. Make sure to post up in the owner list sticky.

1993R

Established Member
They were called the "Colorado Lawsuit Cars". They were produced after the regular run of R's. There are some differences in the welds and subframes etc...The cars were made only because of a lawsuit by a dealer in Colorado.

rxlr8tion

Established Member
There was talk of selling the vehicle, no final decisions yet. She has about 3400 miles, driven about 30 miles a month just to keep everything moving and rotating. It is completely stock, never been modified with all supporting docs.

95RCode

Established Member
rxlr8tion said:
We have a 1993 Mustang Cobra R in the family (#105 of 107) and was wondering if there is any truth to the rumor that there were slight differences between the first 100 built and the last 7.
If you decide to sell it please let me know. Been looking for one for quite a while. I will pay you top dollar for it.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
There are some slight body weld differences as someone else indicated. Other than being built seperately quite a bit later they are pretty much the same.

Cool car and welcome to the board!

Users who are viewing this thread