93 cobra stance and wheelgap

Brent S

Established Member
I'm looking at low-mileage (<10k) 93 cobras, and I noticed that a few of these 100% bone-stock cobras seem to have a larger wheel-gap in the rear than in the front. Is this typical? Like this:

red93cobra.jpg

buddha93

Established Member
Can't say I've ever seen one like that unless it was braking.......lol! Something seems a bit off to me.

FYI, I know it's hard to see in my Avatar, but my car rides on stock springs and isn't raked like the car pic you posted.

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
The one in the picture looks as if it was stored on jack stands with them under the frame rails allowing the suspension to droop. If thats the case the car will sit higher until the springs settle back down with the vehicle weight on them.

buddha93

Established Member
Good point Daryl.

Though I wonder, do you think the shocks would be more inclined to do that rather than the springs? Just my 2 cents.

FoxBodyMan

BLKWIDOW
Established Member
I have had shocks(rarely) and struts forsure freeze up before. Effected stance some and the ride was horriable. Its amazing with new shocks/struts and put a few miles on it will do.

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
My car sat butt high like that. I put the rear springs from a FMS B-spring kit on it and now it sits level.

Brent S

Established Member
Well, here's the one I bought. 4400 miles, grey leather, power seat, sunroof, defrost. All stock except for steeda shifter. Sits a little high in the back.

091026_181316.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread