93 cobra vs. neon srt4 (from a dig)

Teal93svt

Established Member
Well guys i had a perfect ending to a great night after fuel and cruising. As we were going to one of the stops off 150hwy we got broke up when i caught a light. What i didnt realize what was next to me, a red srt4 neon. I thought to myself i dont care if i lose my car really doesnt have any mods. I then give it a little rev, not knowing what im getting into, since ive heard what these cars are capable of. Well the light turns green and i catch the light with a bark from the tires. I had a great dig, then i figure he would have me going into second, nope i pulled even more on him. Going into third i still had him. He was at my back bumper. i had to slow down for the car in front of me but i was yelling hell yeah i was proud of the stang. As for the neon he wouldnt even come up next to me. Probably was ashamed that he lost to a stock 12 year old car. LOL. I tell you what that felt great to do. Im looking for some more fun on the next meet and hopefully cruise. I was hoping that someone behind me was video taping this. But at least i know that some of the other mustang guys got to witness this.

Bobby

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Probably was ashamed that he lost to a stock 12 year old car. LOL. IBobby[/QUOTE]

I always wanted an early 90's Cobra I just love the way they look. Nice car and nice kill.

Although your stock and should have lost anything can happen on the street. That's what happens when you give a 17yr old a car with "ok" power who does not know how to drive it.

Teal93svt

Established Member
SRT-4 Turbo 7 said:
Probably was ashamed that he lost to a stock 12 year old car. LOL. IBobby

I always wanted an early 90's Cobra I just love the way they look. Nice car and nice kill.

Although your stock and should have lost anything can happen on the street. That's what happens when you give a 17yr old a car with "ok" power who does not know how to drive it.[/QUOTE]

Your right, i didnt see the guy in the car, but if i had to guess he was probably pretty young. All i know is Winning is Winning.

Bobby

Teal93svt

Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:
Nice run Bobby, glad you came out on top! Got any pics of the gal?

heres a couple of pics for you.

Bobby

93cobra.jpg

93-3.jpg

SRT-4 Turbo 7

Established Member
Teal93svt said:
heres a couple of pics for you.

Bobby

93cobra.jpg

93-3.jpg

WOW thats a badass car...Nice and clean. Can you share more pics with us please... Your car is beautiful and I want it :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

PROPS TO YOU SIR!

Teal93svt

Established Member
SRT-4 Turbo 7 said:
WOW thats a badass car...Nice and clean. Can you share more pics with us please... Your car is beautiful and I want it :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

PROPS TO YOU SIR!

Here you go.

interior.jpg

93-8.jpg

93-6.jpg

93-5.jpg

93-2.jpg

93-4.jpg

Teal93svt

Established Member
97 cobra said:
You gotta watch out for those srt's from a roll though

Oh i know thats why i didnt expect to win. I have 9mm spark plug wires, and dynomax race magnum mufflers. Its funny i would love to just put some 3.55 or 3.73 gears in it. I have 3.08's right now. My car has so much potential.

Bobby

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
Nice car bud an good kill; I see we both have good taste in cars. 3.73s was pretty much the last thing I did to mine other than suspension work. Quite honestly the gear shoulda been the first thing; friggin unbelievable dude. Totally different car with a gear. If I had to do it all over again I think I would have went with a 3.90 gear though. On top of that being your pretty much stock; stick a set of AFR165 heads on it an that babe will really scoot then. ;-)

Teal93svt

Established Member
Fiveoh93Snake said:
Nice car bud an good kill; I see we both have good taste in cars. 3.73s was pretty much the last thing I did to mine other than suspension work. Quite honestly the gear shoulda been the first thing; friggin unbelievable dude. Totally different car with a gear. If I had to do it all over again I think I would have went with a 3.90 gear though. On top of that being your pretty much stock; stick a set of AFR165 heads on it an that babe will really scoot then. ;-)

does the 3.73's run your rpms up to high on the highway at 65. My buddy just has an lx and says the rpms run alot higher. he also has an auto in his car. where do i get these heads, or would it be just as good to port and polish them.

Teal93svt

Established Member
Yeah it does feel real good to win especially when you have a stock car with low hp ratings, and go against a car with front wheel drive, and a turbo. two pluses right there for the neon. but that just shows how well ford knows how to build em. and i guess im an okay driver. LOL

Bobby

Last edited:

1sweet00SS

Established Member
Teal93svt said:
Yeah it does feel real good to win especially when you have a stock car with low hp ratings, and go against a car with front wheel drive, and a turbo. two pluses right there for the neon. but that just shows how well ford knows how to build em. and i guess im an okay driver. LOL

Bobby

Nice kill..... and beautiful car... :thumbsup:

BTW, FWD in any car, especially the SRT, is a big negative, not a plus.

Last edited:

StangJason

Established Member
SRT-4 Turbo 7 said:
Probably was ashamed that he lost to a stock 12 year old car. LOL. IBobby

Although your stock and should have lost anything can happen on the street. That's what happens when you give a 17yr old a car with "ok" power who does not know how to drive it.[/QUOTE]

I agree the Neon driver may have been lacking in skill but in reality a well driven 93 Cobra can go deep into the 13s when driven properly so in my opinion it's a drivers race with the advantage going to the Cobra because the Neon's have hellacious torque steer from what I read (fwd sucks pretty much).

My 87 LX went 13.75 @ 99.5 mph in the 1/4 mile with just 3.55s, pulleys, and exhaust with 165k on the odometer, burns oil and blows smoke, so I'm guessing a strong 93 Cobra is good for mid 13s with descent traction.

Teal93svt

Established Member
My 87 LX went 13.75 @ 99.5 mph in the 1/4 mile with just 3.55s, pulleys, and exhaust with 165k on the odometer, burns oil and blows smoke, so I'm guessing a strong 93 Cobra is good for mid 13s with descent traction.
Going by with i have read through motortrend, car and driver, and ford. I think the best a stock 93 cobra pulled was a 14 flat in the 1/4. But thats just what i read. i took it up to kcir once didnt get any traction old tires and no spark plug wires, no aftermarket mufflers. and ran a 15.2. i dont really like that track. lol

BLUBLLS

Teal93svt said:
Going by with i have read through motortrend, car and driver, and ford. I think the best a stock 93 cobra pulled was a 14 flat in the 1/4. But thats just what i read. i took it up to kcir once didnt get any traction old tires and no spark plug wires, no aftermarket mufflers. and ran a 15.2. i dont really like that track. lol

Actually when the 93 LT1 Maro came out they ran it against the cobra. The cobra came out on top stock vs stock with a 13.7x I believe. Then they did the 10 minute tune-up on teh cobra and it pulled a 13.47 :thumbsup:

You have excellent taste, the 93 teal/black is easily in my top 3 fav cars of all time :beer:

Teal93svt

Established Member
KwObAbY said:
Actually when the 93 LT1 Maro came out they ran it against the cobra. The cobra came out on top stock vs stock with a 13.7x I believe. Then they did the 10 minute tune-up on teh cobra and it pulled a 13.47 :thumbsup:

You have excellent taste, the 93 teal/black is easily in my top 3 fav cars of all time :beer:

Thanks i didnt know that. What kind of tune up, lol

Users who are viewing this thread