93 cobra want hold idle

Grabber_2000

00Grabber
Established Member
well its kinda hard to explain. . . one min it does great the next itll start idlin ruff. ive changed idle air controll, 02 sensors, adjustd timin. what am i missin. it really bugs me

Grabber_2000

00Grabber
Established Member
it drives good. sometimes it gets a lil miss when im around 3k rmp. when it starts idlin ruff if ya jus give it a lil gas it straitens itself out

mgmustang1

Established Member
Try cleaning the maf sensor filament. sounds like the same problem i had. spray it with some carb cleaner, wipe it down. mine had a black dirt film on it that caused the problem.

mgmustang1

Established Member
i thought so too but it was the maf. i put a diff distributor and throttle body tps sensor and fpr, cleaned injectors--nothing. after all that i cleaned the massair sensor and it ran like a million bucks.

fasterandfaster

Yes,
start with your basic maintenance,
Fuel filter, clean the throttlebody and MAF.
check for vacuum leaks
ALSO **** check your battery terminals and chassis grounds.
There is an ECU ground right next to the battery. [Black wires screwed into the fender next to it.] Remove them, and clean real good.

Vince

jimmy77

Established Member
I'll tell ya what my 93 cobra used to do.....sometimes when it would rain or I'd wash the car, the idle would go up and stay. After a day or so it would come back down to normal idle. The guys at the local ford dealer could not figure out what it was. Finally, I figured out that water would run off of the hood and land on top of the battery......basically shorting the 2 posts together. I cleaned the top of the battery off and siliconed sealed both posts so the water could not short the 2 posts out......problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread