93 Cobras greatest car ever???

Lee

Established Member
Don't kill yourself doing it, but if you've got too much free time on your hands I would appreciate it! :)

93COBRA2104

Established Member
Could anyone tell me what month(s) MMFF published articles about our Fox Bodied beasts. I would like to be able to order the correct volume and issue number that might have the Foxy Cobra on the Cover...or at least have an article.

Thanx.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
July 1993 MM&FF pitted a 93 Cobra against a 93 Z28. The Cobra ran a best time of 13.47 @ 100 with MM&FF's 10 minute tune up which included slicks. I have the article if you want me to e-mail it

Lee

Established Member
Wish I was smart enough to have owned a 93 Cobra at that time and been subscribing to the Mustang mags!

Last edited:

93COBRA2104

Established Member
Originally posted by 93_Snake
They published tons of articles around that time. I will see what I have

Thanks a lot man. Can you e-mail them to me at [email protected]

Also when you find the article(s), could you include in the e-mail the vol. and magazine #. This is so I can back order from MMFF.

Thanks again man.

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Originally posted by Lee
Wish I was smart enough to have owned a 93 Cobra at that time and been subscribing to the Mustang mags!

I wish I could have afforded a 93 Cobra back then. I have had the Mustang fever ever since I was 16 (12 years ago). I bought every magazine I could when I was in HS

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Feb 1993 Road & Track has the first Road Test of the 1993 Cobra. I remember drooling over the car and reading the test over and over again. I have the mag somewhere back home.

Also Motor Trend did a comparison article between the Cobra and the Z28 which was laughable. It was in one of the Special Edition magazines.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Well I know most of you guys prefer 93's... And I agree, when I see a Fox Cobra drive by I do tend to stare (much like if I saw a Viper go by)

My dad has a 92 5.0 fox (I know its not a Cobra)... Its not the fastest car in my families line up (It is quicker than my Dakota R/T which runs high to mid 14's) but its still after 300 thousand miles a blast to drive.

I went to the Mustang Club of Indianapolis'es Mustang show out in front of the Indianapolis motor Speedway last weekend.

It was awsome, I pulled up next to a red 93 Cobra right where 16th, crawfordsville road and GeorgeTown intersect in front of the new 500 museum. It was just us 2 at the light. We didnt race but it was an awsome feeling and would have been a great picture to get out there.

1 Car, the car that started it all... and what the car evolved into 10 years down the road. Got kinda giddy there for a bit :).

03CobraBro

Established Member
Remember the thing about personality though is that its something that has to be developed through time. When I got my Dakota R/T obviously I was one of the happiest teenagers on earth. But I still have to admit my old 83 Grand Prix, beleive it or not, seemed to me to have more of a personality... I always had a name for it "the old peice" It wasnt the sharpest car and deffinatly not the quickest, but it had its own personality because of how old it was.

Now dont get me wrong I'm in no way comparing the 93 Cobra to a 1983 brougham but im just trying to show IMO how it seems it takes time for a cars personality to develope.

I'm sure in 10 years, us 10th anniversery guys will be saying "Well maybe those 2013 Cobras have 550hp and handle as well as a 00 ferrari 360, but I still dont feel that the 13's persana compares to my 03.

venom279

Established Member
My all time favorite car was my teal 93 Cobra--- That is until I got my 2000 "R":-D :-D Will always have a soft spot for those beutiful 93 Cobras!!

Brian

:beer:

Wild Bill

Established Member
It would be in my top 20.I had a 93 red/black gt vert.I almost got the cobra that year,but every mustang I've had has been a vert.I love my 03 more than I have any car.I will never go back to a gt now.A short list of my favorite stangs would be;429 Cobra,mach 1,gt350 and 500,93 cobra,00 cobra R,03 cobra,03 mach 1.I love them all.Hold on to those.:beer:

hotrodcobra

Established Member
Yep, my 93 Cobra is an awesome car. Fast, dependable, comfortable and fun. I just don't think they are that rare, nor ever will be. Besides, I don't plan on ever selling it.:)

Lethal Cobra

Established Member
ya i loved my 93 cobra w/ the black on black cloth interior... 2 bad i only had it 3 f*ckin day til someone stole it from me....:gt: now i got my stock 98 which wont ever be as gr8 as the 93 was..

93ReefNotch

Established Member
Originally posted by Lee
The 93 Cobra certainly is about the best "bang for the buck". "Greatest car ever", don't know that I would go that far, but it's a great car that's worth far more than the sum of it's parts. My .02

I think the Fox Body coupes were a better "bang for the buck" then a 1993 Cobra. 1993 Cobras are just over rated GT's :-D I still like them though, but they are not the greatest car ever. I think the new Mach 1 and 2003 Cobra's can make a better claim at that statment.

Last edited:

93COBRA2104

Established Member
Originally posted by 93ReefNotch
I think the Fox Body coupes were a better "bang for the buck" then a 1993 Cobra. 1993 Cobras are just over rated GT's :-D I still like them though, but they are not the greatest car ever. I think the new Mach 1 and 2003 Cobra's can make a better claim at that statment.

Whoa Whoa Whoa, Everyone and there mother owns a fox GT or LX. Only a few people have a FOX BODY COBRA. I don't dislike any Mustangs (hardly), but to say that "1993 Cobras are just over rated GT's" is just...well...:xpl:
Also, I love the new Mach1's and the '03 Cobra's but I think a car needs a few years under its belt before it can be nominated for a greatest car ever title. :nono:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Originally posted by 93COBRA2104
Whoa Whoa Whoa, Everyone and there mother owns a fox GT or LX. Only a few people have a FOX BODY COBRA. I don't dislike any Mustangs (hardly), but to say that "1993 Cobras are just over rated GT's" is just...well...:xpl:
Also, I love the new Mach1's and the '03 Cobra's but I think a car needs a few years under its belt before it can be nominated for a greatest car ever title. :nono:

Yeah, what he said...

"Overated"? Not hardly. If you installed all the options that the Cobra had (including gt-40 heads, intake, throttle body, mass air, 17" wheels, 4 wheel discs, 24# injectors), not to mention the premium interior and sound, on a Coupe or LX, you would have been well over the price of the Cobra. I'm not talking about doing the same thing today at today's prices (multiple aftermarket items are available now), I mean back in late 1992. Heck, at that time there were not very many aftermarket heads available, and what was available was fairly costly. Not to mention that there was hardly anyone out there who could tune a modded car.

Granted, I like the looks of a good clean Coupe, especially in reef blue. But heck, there were only 4993 93 Cobras built, with probably less than half of them on the road today. How many coupes do you think were built, and how many of them are still on the road today? Not to mention that a bunch of the coupes left are little 4-cylinder cars. I guarantee no one mistakes a 93 Cobra for a four cylinder car :rolling: :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread