93 & E85 Tune

96juicedGT

Established Member
Wanting to get my car tuned for E85 in the near future. Already have the fuel system just waiting to swap in the new pumps. Was wondering since I am in northern KY and will be attending Mustang Week again is it possible to switch back to a 93 tune for the trip and while I'm down there maybe swap back to E85 if they have any locally. I was told it was possible but the tank had to be nearly empty but thought I'd check here to make sure.

gamecock426

TwinTurbo5.0
Established Member
Get the Lund Flex Fuel tune and then you won't have to go through the joy of draining your tank in between changing fuel.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
AED has a flex fuel tune. I believe he wants you to run at least a 70% blend of ethanol to take advantage of E85 timing, and anything less could lead to engine damage in a boosted application. You would need to use the performance tune which uses unleaded timing while running 93, and then switch to the "race" tune when using E85. The only advantage is that you will not have to completely drain the tank clean when switching between E85 or 93, all you have to do is reflash.

96juicedGT

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys....looks like a flex fuel tune it is then. That'll definitely help for the trip down to MW and back.

Users who are viewing this thread