93 lx 5.0 wont start

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
Okay so im currently out of town, I left my brother in charged of my car. He said he was driving it the other day and it started jerking a bit when taking off. Now the next day he was headed to work and says he got to the corner and the car just died. First we thought it was the tfi module since I installed one of those dynamod ones. He put the stock one back on, still won't fire. What can it be? Theres spark from the coil going to distributor, but nothing going to the plugs. You can hear the fuel pump priming as soon as you open the ignition switch. There also seems to be good fuel pressure. Now when he was doing this, he says it smells rich. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just hadn't had any problems with this car what so ever. Could it be the distributor itself or ecm from what ive heard from similiar problems.? He said he also changed the inigtion selenoid.

big dad

Established Member
If like you say it has spark at the coil wire but none at the plug, I would check or replace the rotor. I've seen this before when I was a tech.
Another neat trick is to watch the check engine light while your cranking it, it should go out while cranking.

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
Rotor looks good, I replaced it in January if I remember correctly. One thing I do recall the engine light started coming on, especially before it died from what my brother says.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Fuel/spark/fire all that will cause one not to run. I would start with spark.

Users who are viewing this thread