93R axle length

cheapertokeephe

Established Member
Can anyone please tell me what the correct length is for a 93R axle? Also are they the same as the sn95 axles? The reason why I am asking is because I am converting my 93 Cobra to 5 lugs and have heard that the 93R's used the sn95 axles along with the 93 Cobra caliper and sn95 rotors? If this is true then I should be able to make the swap and mount 17x8 Ford wheels. Thanks for your help.

David

Terry Moenich

Established Member
I believe the 93 R has SN 95 axle assembly in it. They do not use the SN 95 Rotor. It is the same rotor as the Mark 7 and I think the same as the 93 Cobra.

Mark Wilson would know for sure, Mark?

93SVTCobra

Established Member
The 93R uses the same axle as the regular 93 Cobra which is definitely not the same as SN-95. I have bought axles from both Strange and Mosier and the 93 Cobra axle length is unique.

When I changed my street 93 to 5 lug I bought SN-95 axles and they were to long. They will work but you'll need some washers to get the caliper brackets to line up properly.

Let me know if you need any additional help!

cheapertokeephe

Established Member
Thanks to both of you for your inputs. What do you advise I do convert to 5 lugs so that I can run the 17x8's. If I go with the sn95 axles and washers, what rotor can I use? SN95 10.5" rotor? What year Mark VII rotor works, if at all?

David

93SVTCobra

Established Member
I'd just order 93 Cobra length axles and I'd go with 11.65" rotors as you can get a replacement anywhere vs. having a custom rotor. The SN-95 axles will place the wheels quite a bit outboard and you might have an issue with tire to fenderwheel clearance.

Also be aware that the 94-98 axles are shorter than 99-04 axles.

Users who are viewing this thread