93R in newest MM&FF

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Has anyone received a copy of MMFF yet? I was told there are a couple of 93Rs in it and one is suppose to be a 8sec. drag car...... :pepper:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Got mine in the mail tonight.

There is a picture of Carlton's (VCMoore) #66 93R in a 2x2 w/caption

In another article there is a 2x2 pic. of a 93R drag radial car that is suppose to run 8.60s. I wonder if this is the same 93R that was making the magazines back in the mid'90's that ran high 9's on slicks??

I sure was hoping the drag radial car was a feature article rather than just a teaser pic.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Can you tell us anything else about it? Any chance you could post some pictures and get the specs on it?

NVRENUFBOOST

Established Member
I can get some pictures from him and my other brother who transports the car to each race but, unfortuneatly, I couldn't give you any specs on the motor due to his competitive secrecy and he is continually changing his combination. If you have any specific questions I'll be happy to ask him. I use to take my blown 00R to the FFW and NMRA races with him and race in the modular class but due to some personal issues I haven't for a couple of years - Xwife - although I do plan on going to a few next year.

sidewayyyz

World's FASTEST '93R
Pictures

Hey guys. Here are some photos of the car - thanks for the props!

IMG_0827.gif

MAPLEGROVEStandarde-mailview.gif

shane_s20Wheelie.gif

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
What # 93R is the car??? IS IT #32 (saw your sig.)

Is this the 93R that was running high 9's-10's back in the mid 90's? One of the major mags did an article on the car if I remember correctly.....

Last edited:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
4Mustangs said:
I use to take my blown 00R to the FFW and NMRA races with him and race in the modular class

Can you post some pics of your S/C '00R?..... engine compartment specifically :coolman:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Finally! Another 93 Cobra R!

Glad you can join us! hopefully you'll fill us in on the history on this vehicle. How many owners? What made you decide to drag race a Cobra R?

General specs are fine, cam specs and compression are not that important.

sidewayyyz

World's FASTEST '93R
cobra186 said:
What # 93R is the car??? IS IT #32 (saw your sig.)

Is this the 93R that was running high 9's-10's back in the mid 90's? One of the major mags did an article on the car if I remember correctly.....

Yeah, the car number is 32. And, yes, it is the one that was in the article a few years back.

93SVTCobra said:
Finally! Another 93 Cobra R!

Glad you can join us! hopefully you'll fill us in on the history on this vehicle. How many owners? What made you decide to drag race a Cobra R?

General specs are fine, cam specs and compression are not that important.

I'm the second owner of the car and the article that I previously mentioned was written prior to me owning it. The car came with a cage in it, a 331 stroker and a C4.

A lot of my friends run the NMRA Drag Radial class so that helped push me more. The way I bought it was the way I raced it for a while but wanted to be more competitive so I started making changes here and there. I added a 336 stroker motor, Trick Flow high-port heads, powerglide, intercooler, Vortech X-trim, bigger cam, BigStuff DFI and made some suspension changes. It still has the 8.8 rear end. Makes about 1250-1300 HP.

Do you guys know of any other '93 Rs racing?

My brother and I follow the NMRA circuit, Drag Radial class...heading up to Kentucky this weekend for the last event of the year. Wish me luck!:beer:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
How much has the car been chopped up? i.e. Mini-Tubbed, Fuel Cell through the floor, intercooler through the firewall, subframes through the floor, etc??? Just curious....

Does it make you a little more nervous making 8sec. passes in a 93R vs. some 4banger conversion?

One of these days I will get around to dropping a N/A 347 combo in mine.... but all it would run is high 10 or low 11's like my old 93 Coupe did.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Just saw your post about the car being in a mag in the 90s. I was browsing ebay and there was a seller with 3 issues of MM&FF. I believe one issue was about your car and it was on the cover. I thought you might be interested.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread