94 5.0 Cobra Fuel Pressure Recommendations

rustinh1

2 Brothers, 2 Cobras
Established Member
I have been searching here at work for about an hour (tough job) and I can't seem to find an answer... I am hoping this will be easy for someone to tell me.

I have the 94 cobra in the sig: intake, tb, shorties, h-pipe, dumped flowmasters, pulleys, etc.

I was wondering what I should set my fuel pressure at. I found a few things on other sites concerning 5.0 GT's, and a few things on this site concerning 4.6 cars, but nothing in particular about 5.0 Cobras with the stocker 24 lb injectors. I have a kirban adj. regulator and a guage mounted on the schrader valve.

Should I set the pressure with the hose on or off, and what pressure should I set it to? I had it at about 32 with the hose on at idle, and then I cranked it to 40 with the hose on at idle and it seemed to pull considerably better...

Thanks guys!
-Blake

rustinh1

2 Brothers, 2 Cobras
Established Member
Anyone? I am just going on seat of the pants (which ain't too accurate sometimes) until someone chimes in with some advice.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
You need to remove the vacuum hose to get an accurate reading of your static fuel-pressure, then adjust accordingly (to 39-40psi without vacuum), and put the vacuum line back on.

rustinh1

2 Brothers, 2 Cobras
Established Member
Great, thanks.
I figured I would need to adjust with the hose off, to compensate for vacuum readings being different between cars, I had to do the same on the old turbo Talon.
Thanks again.
-Blake

Users who are viewing this thread